Chapter 34

Authors note: previously in chapter 29 I had mentioned about Amrah's biological dad coming but this introduction was actually an unnecessary plot point and put me in a corner. It wasn't adding anything to the story. So I decided to remove the character. Nothing changed just her trip was to her uncle not her dad. Sorry for the confusion.

Amrah's POV

This morning I woke up with a headache which made it difficult to get out of bed. It was expected after my sleeplessness last night. My worries could not allow sleep to come. Despite my desire to stay in bed all day, I had a crucial meeting with my project supervisor which I simply couldn't miss. I managed to get myself out of bed somehow. I had no appetite to eat breakfast so I made myself a hot cup of tea only so I can take some medicine.

I finished my work in school. I wasn't feeling well enough to attend my remaining class so I decided to just go home. My mind wasn't present, I had too much on my mind.

I ordered a ride and sat on one of the wooden chairs to wait. I was scrolling through my phone mindlessly when suddenly I felt eyes on me, I looked up instinctively and was met with the chilling gaze of Naseer. He was standing in front of his car with his legs crossed in front of him. His gaze was fixated at me with an intimidating expression. When did he come and how long had he been standing there watching me?

I stood up immediately in panic looking around for an escape plan Before I made a move, he came in front of me. His stance bold and authoritative. My heart started racing and my palms started to feel sweaty dreading the reason of his unannounced visit.

His dark eyes were cold and dangerous.

I stared back in his eyes trying to seem strong but I was terrified of him. Memories of all the hurt he had inflicted on me came rushing back. I felt my eyes sting with tears but I pushed them back, I didn't want him to see my weakness. I had wished I would never come face to face with him again but here he was. His eyes travelled down my body as he spoke. "Oh how I missed you, you look so..."

"What do you want?" I interrupted not willing to listen to his bullshit.

He let out a small laugh. "Amrah you know what I want ... I want you" he said in a mischievous tone.

I glared at him, my frustration evident, as I picked up my bag and attempted to leave but he was quick to grab my arm to stop me from leaving. I pulled my hand away with force, turning back to face him. "Naseer don't touch me!" I warned feeling my anger rising, I took a deep breath to calm myself down.

"How many times will I tell you that I don't want you...I'm sick and tired of repeating myself. Let me be!" I said in exasperation my hands clenching into fist by my side.

He smirked "And how many times will I tell you don't have a choice." He said in a cool voice as he reached his dirty hand to touch my face, which I quickly swatted away. "Your mine Amrah."

"Naseer I will never be yours, let that sink into your brain." I spat trying to keep my composure but my anger was bubbling inside me.

His eyes which were filled with mischief suddenly turned dark with anger. "Who do you think you're talking to like that! I think you have forgotten who I am." He says, his voice dripping with menace. "Did you really think you could get rid of me just like that and be happy with each other?"

He shook his head "I'll make him pay dearly for messing with my affairs. I'm going to make him regret playing games with me." his spat his eyes burning with fury.

What games is he talking about?

I felt my legs tremble and my earlier composure slipping away. "Naseer what..what do you mean by that?" My voice shook as I asked.