MYRIAD TREATS

Kasandra has been running her own cafe for the past three years in Zürich.The Cafe has been attracting a wide range of age groups from the teens in their sweet sixteens to the earning men and women in their livelihood.The simple reason being,she believes in providing food for the stomach and food for the brain.
She has decorated her cafe in a unique way.One side of the cafe, are well placed super deluxe white colored chairs and tables amidst the lush green floral garden, while on the other corner, she has furnished the cubical in such a way that resembles a walk in library, where the librarian counter is placed in the middle of the cubical and the books overshadow the bordering walls.Till now she has over a three to four hundred library members.
She is also planning on a expansion of her book collection and deciding on the interiors to make space for her new collection.

"Kasandra"she calls out loud, more audible than the need be.She waves at me, putting me in an awkward spot in front of other guests at MT, who have already turned all their eyes and ears to Mia and me.

"Hi Mia!"I approach her and give her a hug kissing her cheeks in our European formal manner.

"How is your research work expediting?I asked Mia.
She has been working on a research project, the insights of which are highly confidential.

Finally after three years of relentless efforts I and my team mates have come up with a dynamic model.We have a meeting tomorrow with one of our prospective client.

"So what are you going to sell, the technology or something of that sort?"

"It's a long story"she replied stressing over the 'o' in the long.
"Cut it short then"I replied in my most witty possible way.

"Its a confidential thing,if I literally cut it short."

I never realized my little sister has grown up so much,from the impulsive and immature cubby girl,to the composed, independent and bold lass, ready to take up challenges.I am happy for her,since I am confident that she can fight all odds.

"Jackson,please get Mia her favourite Virgin Pomegranate Spritzer and a Mint Lemonade for me"I told him.

Jackson and Pauline are my helpers out here,you can call them the pillars of Myriad Treats.
Tania also works out with them in the küche and serves the customers with other co-workers.

Prior to being an employee at Myriad Treats,Jackson was associated with Star Cruise.He left his prior employment since he did not like staying away from his family and the continuous travelling in the high seas.

"Here you go ,sweety!"Jackson calls out.
"Thanks Jack!"
Mia sips it and gives him a thumbs up for the taste.
He smiles back in acknowledgement.
Pauline joins us soon.
"Hey red head!",Mia gets up from her place and hugs Pauline.
Pauline and Mia have nurtured friendship since their childhood.

"So for how long will you be in town?"Pauline asks her.

Mia shifted her base a year ago to Geneva when the research work was at its pinnacle.

"Probably for the rest of my life",she said and winked.

"What?" My voice level had risen.
"Sandra,you think I am kidding?"
"Yes...No...maybe..I don't know!"perplexed and bewildered, I was unable to give her an appropriate answer.

"Sandra I want to stay besides you and Grandma for sometime now.I miss you both so much;but everything depends on tomorrow;if tomorrow's deal clicks and goes well I have asked my boss for a sabbatical.That way,he has given me a conditional acceptance."

"Alright.So basically it depends on tomorrow!" I asked her.

"Yes.Sandra,but I don't see any challenges in that."

"So then its time to celebrate Mia's home coming"Pauline exploded.

"Yes.Its time to celebrate",Jackson agreed to it.

With that Jackson,Pauline and Mia got up from their chairs and Jackson and Pauline rushed back to the counter since they saw customers emerging out of the entrance door.

Mia wanted to go shopping with me. So I asked Jackson, Pauline and Tania to take care of the cafe and that I and Mia look forward to meet them the evening that will follow us soon.

Whenever we decide to hang out,its a presumed agreement within all of us that the venue is our own cafe after it shuts down for outsiders, in the late evening.

The weather has been so far so good.
We used the Bahn to travel to the Main Starß.

Soon we were done with our shopping.When the two sisters go for shopping,its like shopping almost the entire shop.But this time we just picked up our essential stuff as quickly as possible,and headed back home.Mia picked up a gift for her granny and told me that its for her upcoming birthday which reminded me that it was the same day when Nana had proposed to her.

Our home is just a walk away from the cafe.Mia was eager and excited to meet Granny.

....

I live with my grandmother here.
Although she has become old, she cooks for us both.

We reached the entrance of our house and I push the door open after unlocking it with the key. My Grandma is leaning on the rocking chair beside the fireplace watching television.She twists her neck to see who has entered her house and her face illuminates with light as though someone just burst firecrackers in front of her.

"My darling princess,Mia,come come come"

"Oh Gracy! How are you sexy lady!!"

Mia and Grandma have their own connect altogether.

"Hey beautiful ladies,please continue.I have some work to be accomplished.See you both at five thirty".

We both have an unwritten rule to have the evening tea together.However busy I am, I squeeze in and adjust my timing accordingly.

It was almost seven in the evening.The sun had already set for the day by now.Mia was too tired and she was going to have a busy day tomorrow.
She asked me if we could celebrate my home coming tomorrow.
Looking at her puppy face, I pulled her cheeks which were red by now,I responded to her in an affirmative manner.
I am never tired of pulling her cheeks,the baby girl of our house that she is!

I called up Jackson,Pauline and Tania to tell them that we postpone our meet.

With that our day ended and we drifted off to sleep.

💞💞💞💞

Thank you all for choosing my book to read!

It gives me immense joy to tell you that the cover is made by none other than the talented EvePetal who has helped me for my other covers as well.

Lastly,
Read
Share
Reread :)
Because the joy reading gives is incomparable to anything!
Vote and comments /critics most welcome