Chapter 29

Kenneth's POV :

Everything was ready.
I was determined to make her mine officially.
I just hope everything goes as we plan.

We were inside our car,just a minute away from the place,when Mia pinged.
______________________________

We need more time.Some unforseen break down.

Holy fuck!We have already reached..

Ok!Hang out on some
tree then.

Fine

______________________________

I was amused at her reply.Like elder sister,like young one.

Now what?My brain errands to think of a better idea to make her sit in the car and waste sometime.

"Did we reach?"
"Yes,I think we may have."I replied.

She gave me a contemptuous look.

"Why are you looking at me like a cat? Do you have plans to pounce or something?"

Ok, commander, playful mode on.

"Shut up,you already know I'm palm twitchingly mad at you," she replied smirking and adjusting her neck.

"Show me then,",I replied unlocking her seatbelt hinting her of my wants.

She unlocked mine too,and was in no time over me,on my laps.

She grabbed me by my neck,her hair acting like a curtain to our faces.
The proximity between us,ignited passion and I swirled my tongue in her mouth,she too gave me an easy access, wanting for more.

Soon my phone vibrated in my hand,I moved out of her cocooning and checked Mia's name on the screen,

All good! It read.

"Kasandra settled herself back on the driver's seat blushing and turning her face to other side.

"Don't get happy about making me loose my train of thoughts, I'm still the same Kasandra who is mad at you!"she said in a lower tone than before.

"Come let's go!"I asked her.

I was taking her to the place it all started,the place where I showed her my tattoo of KK.
The valley of flowers where I revealed her,my identity.

We walked quite a lot,I'd informed her about the route of the trek.
On our way she asks me,"Have we been here before?"

"May be!"I lied.

"You drive quite well,must ave never got a ticket,"I appreciated her just to distract her.

The stars came up with a unique morning light, greenish blue with a tinge of purple,the meadow flowers welcoming us on land.

I let her move ahead,around five to six steps,I had reached where I wanted us to reach.

"Kasandra,"I called her out in a very soft voice.
She turned to see me on my knee with a ring in my hand.
She looked bemused nd bewildered already and came back to me, overcoming the distances.

"Kenneth?"
I sush her, allowing her to settle,and abstain myself from any distractions.

I inhale deep and commence,"Kasandra Freddrick,I was never able to efface the memories of you from my mind,not that I fell for you then, only the distances teach us,awaken us about what we long for.The world gave me everything but you,nothing could fill the void within me until I met you,again.You filled it, with happiness, dreams and ecstacy.I am a new man,who was never this happy, ever.You are the finest diligent and intelligent woman,filled with zeal,the best for me.I wish to spend the rest of my life with you and promise to protect you till my last breath.

I love you,all the way down from the bottom of my heart.
Will you marry me?"

I flashed her the engagement ring that was delivered to my home for which I'd got a call for in the afternoon.

Tears rolled down her eyes.
"Yes,I love you too!I love you in infinities,"I slipped the ring I'd been holding for a few minutes now and with that I was back on my legs.

The fireworks and the lightings lit the area encircling us and everyone came clapping for us.

"Oh my god! This is so much more! I've got the best surprise ever, somewhere down deep inside my heart I've been waiting for you,for a long time, and here I am ready to spend a lifetime and more with you,always"she said and I lifted her in air.

She threw her head backwards, laughing and letting escape those happy tears without hesitation.Her eyes smiled from her cheeks and her heart from her eyes.

"Mia, Marcus,Albert Ivanka,Mercello,Ileana,..even you Gracy, how come all of you are here?"

I put her down on the ground.

"Happy birthday Kasandra!"

"We thought of getting you married,with the right guy, before old age and grey hair overcome you,"Gracy said in a playful tone.

"That is a witty statement,"she responded.