Chapter 7

Some more time passed by as we travelled down the unexplored virgin way, cutting through the dense forest.
My tired feet could no longer exert themselves.I sat down on the stone with a raw branch of tree in my hand.

"Kasandra, Get up. Only some time more and we will reach that lighted church"

"I can't.And besides that, I've started to like this unplanned jungle trek of ours.I don't want to go back.Not anytime soon."

"Stop behaving like an immature girl"

"Ok! I'll give you a valid justification for not going to that lighted village church."

"So you have a theory in mind already"
He interrogated me.

"Yes.Its simple you see ;
Life is all about enjoying these extemporaneous journeys,travelling the untravelled,experiencing the offhand things."

"And?"

"See did you even imagine that you would come out a long way to rescue a cafe owner with whom you got introduced to,a week ago?"

"No.I didn't think about it!But what is your point?"

"My point is simple as I told you earlier.I want to enjoy the sun rise from here. Be in here listing to the sound of gushing water.May be,even share a bonfire with you.Look around yourself,this place is so pretty even during the night time,just think about how explicitly beautiful it would be in the daylight."

"But,I have never done this before"he replied looking at me.

"So do it now!"I replied.

"Kasandra!"
He took my name asking me if I was sure about this.

"I rest my case here,needless to say anything more.Xav,just trust me with this."

"Are you really sure?Your family is worried about you"

"May be we can just drop them a voice message saying that I'm safe and sound."

"Aren't you hungry?"

"Yes. I am but more than that I am sleepy."

"I'll go arrange some food for us and try dropping a voice mail to Mia meanwhile you can enjoy being a sleeping beauty."
He smiled giving me a sigh of relief.

I got up from my place and wrapped my arms around him burying my face in his shoulders.
I felt warm and safe.

"Please don't leave me?"

"I have to....for now.I have to take care of our hungry stomach.Take care."

He smiled. His smile was enough for me to understand that he wasn't leaving me into this halfway.

I smiled back.

"Deep dimples doing magic on me again."

My smile widened further making me blush.
He kissed my forehead and we separated.

I saw his figure diminishing into the darkness leaving me to think about the happenings around me.

My pale and dark life suddenly started to feel like a roller coaster ride in the past few days.
A lot of ups and downs filled with anxiety,fear,optimism,emotions and most of all, felicity.
If emotions were a Rainbow,I was experiencing every colour of it now.

I needed many answers from Xav but my body needed rest.

Looking at the star studded sky,a rare phenomenon for people like me,living in the metropolitan area,I passed my time, and didn't even realize when exactly,I drifted off to sleep.