YOU NEVER KNOW

"No,I will never do that!"I heard her say this on the phone.
Mia's voice was increasing.
"Not at all.Not when I am there."

I listened to her when she was in her own room and the slit of the door was left open.

I was eavesdropping actually if it comes to admit the truth but I never saw my sister this arrogant and this cheesed off with someone.

I was flabbergasted to see her like this.I was in two minds whether to confront her and help her or whether to leave it to her and let her handle her own issues.
I became anxious and knocked on the door of her room only after I was sure that the call had ended.

"Mia,everything ok?"

"Sandra, umm..yes! Nothing to worry."
Although her face told me something else.

But I did not want to pull it very long,so I cut the topic then and there itself.

"Ok!Night then!

"Good night!"

"By the way!I am going with my colleagues to Interlaken tomorrow and probably even to Jungfrau.Do you want to join in ?"Mia asked me.

"Sudden plans?"

"Yes.Caroline and Holly wanted to enjoy the snow and rome around Zurich"

I looked down at my ankle.

"Isn't your ankle back to normal yet?"

"No Mia.You guys carry on"

The next day, I was off to work.
The day paced up quickly and it was evening time.
I called up Mia to ensure she was doing well.She told me that she was going to stay overnight at Interlaken since they missed their train back to Zurich.

While walking back home from MT, I saw Xavier on the other side of the street.I was waiting there for the pedestrian signal to get green.I wanted to avoid having any conversation with him since I realized that every meeting I had with him,got me into some or the other kind of trouble.

I pretended to look in the empty spaces when the signal turned green and Xavier crossed me without noticing me I thought;I breathed a sight of relief;
but sometimes God has other plans.Xavier turned around and paced in my direction.
"Kasandra,watch out!"

I had a coffee cup in my hand.A black car came at an obnoxiously faster speed.It screeched its breaks out,I was standing in the middle of the pedestrian crossing when the car stopped.The door opened,and someone I did not notice clearly,held my hands letting the coffee cup fall on the ground, pulled me inside the car.

Before anyone could hear my screams and shouts for help I was dragged inside.
I was blank.Unaware about what is happening,I asked out screaming
"Who are you?Why are you doing this to me?"
They did not reply.
All they did was hit me hard on my face and put a cloth ball inside my mouth and made me blindfolded.
Aaa! I shouted in pain.
In oppose to this I used my hands in search of my purse to find out the pepper spray but I could not sense my purse, it was no where near me.I was late to retaliate, I realized.

I heard one man speak to someone on the phone in german,"Chef, wird die Arbeit erledigt,ist Sie bei uns"which meant
"Boss,the job is done and she is with us"
I sensed this as a planned plot and an intentional one.

After travelling for god knows how many hours and minutes,the car stopped.

They pulled me out of the car.I was in the grief of not able to see anything.
The bigger grief was that I was with some strangers and may be with some really dangerous gang of people who could pose a potential threat to my life.

I was standing beside the car when they called up probably the same man again,their boss and told him that they have reached the destination. Afterwards,someone amongst them, dragged me in one direction,and made me climb the stairs.Later,they removed the blindfold.
I looked around and felt tired.
The atmosphere around added more tiresome feeling to my mind.
It was a gloomy damp dull and a rusty room with some men in black surrounding me.
Their face was covered with similar fluorescent coloured cloth leaving me clueless about their faces.
The room had one window which was very small and closed with cris cross metal rods.
They removed the cotton ball from my mouth.
"Why am I here?What are you up to?What do you want?
Silence engulfed the room.
You maniacs,answer me?"

I shouted in pain.
Thud!
I fell down on the floor with a punch on the face.

"Shut up!Ficken deine mutter"

"Look at me you fools! You will all repent for this.I swear,you will!
My fiancee will beat you until death!He is a police officer!"

I had no option but to lie.I had to do something to make them stop their harrowing activities.

They all left this room, locking me up into this darkness of fear and loneliness.

I was lying on the floor,shivering of cold,rewinding the sequence of events in the past couple of days.

Feeling helpless,tears started rolling down my cheek.I cried and cried until I fell asleep.

See you in the next chapter!!