Chapter 16

Mia's POV : 

"What are Albert and Joseph doing downstairs in our living area,Sandra?"I asked her rumming the door open.

"Albert is accompanying me to Bern and Joseph I have no clue."

"Oh right!It slipped out of my mind."I took a pause to think about leaving her alone after all the dramatic events that happened yesterday.

"Well,dearie do you mind if I accompany you today?"

"Drum roll,"came her reply.

~~

"I thought it was just you and me Albert"Kasandra asked indirectly pointing to Josheph's unnecessary presence.

"I wanted to take a day off from work and spend some relaxing time by going on a short trip"Joseph replied.

"Just like me!"I cut in the conversation sensing that I would have to answer the same question.

"Its alright!We must always spend some quality time and take a detour from our mundane schedules"Albert replied.

"Joseph and Mia,what will you both do when we are out for work in Bern?"Kasa asked.

"May be we'll go shopping"I replied spontaneously. 

"Or may be we won't"Joseph said.I turned behind to give in a fierce look for opposing me.

"Well,Joesph can you take an off from frightening the shit out of people for no reason only for today?"Albert responded.

  "Are you always such an idiot, or do you just show off when I'm around? "Jospeh replied laughing out aloud.

~~~

Kasandra's POV : 

I was done with finalisation of the place for Myriad Treat's franchisee and Jacob Winz was  to get in touch with an interior designer for our cafe which would be shortly opening in this coming year.While on the way back,I was exhausted and almost about to sleep in the car driven by Albert.Mia was sitting beside him,and playing with the aux cable switching songs while Joseph was sitting next to me.

It was twilight by now and the thought of Xavier took over me.I happen to look outside the window,those forests seemed so familiar as if I'd seen them before where as the matter of fact was I had never been to Bern before.

Xavier!What is it that you are hiding from me?What made him take such extreme decisions?

"What is keeping your mind so occupied?"Joseph interrupted my train of thoughts.

"Nothing",I replied with a smile.

"Do you know your smile is like a sword,almost cut through my heart",he replied flirtatiously.

"Seriously?No need of those flattery remarks,Joseph"I replied looking away from him smiling again."

"I think I can die happy now,your smile is safely caged by me permanently",he continued not letting the topic to end.

"Shut up,Joseph,what is it about dying,out of no where?" I asked him.

"The couple sitting behind has so much connect from now itself",Albert joked looking at Mia.

"What do you mean,'a couple'?"Mia asked exactly the same question I had in my mind.

"You'll know soon."Albert replied.

No more surprises.I'm done with my quota of suspense and surprises.

Soon we reached home where to my surprise the living area was filled with Xavier,Ivanka,Uncle Mercello ; in short the entire D'Giorgio family along with pale looking Ileana.

"It feels like a full house today after many years.So many celebrations and events await unison of our both families!",Granny exclaimed hugging Mia,me,Joseph and Albert,welcoming us.

Unison of two families? I looked instantaneously at Mia.

"The time is right to fulfil what Louis promised me years ago .Kasandra and Joseph,can you both join me please?"Unlce Mercello asked."This gives me immense joy,announcing the betrothal of my elder son,Joseph D'Giorgio with my old friend's eldest daughter Kasandra Louis Freddrick, not to mention, the granddaughter of Gracy Freddick,"he announced giving my hand into Joseph's.

Oh,wait,what!Its raining weddings and betrothals one after the other.I could sense blood rushing my cheeks,as my muscles tensed in response to such unexpected turn of events.

"Congratulations,would be wife",Joseph kissed my cheek,whispering into my ear."Congratulations brother and welcome to the family Kasandra",Albert greeted.

"Surprise!!We got this cake for celebrating the good news,"Ivanka exclaimed.

"We hope you like it,"Xavier stood by me feeding me a bite.Very much.Top of the world feeling.

"There was no need for such kind gestures,"I replied feeling dizzy.Dang!

I think I'm feeling dizzy,and just cannot control my body  any longer, falling down unconscious.The last person I saw before shutting my eyes was Xavier.I don't recollect of any site after that.

~~

Hey guys!!Hope you are liking it!

The twists and turns!More are to come!

If you like this chapter,please VOTE and COMMENT!!

See you all in the next chapter or may be the next one because I received some requests for a character summary which will be updated in the subsequent chapter.

God bless you all and may all your dreams come true.