NOTE DOWN

While on my way back home,I was thinking about what the contents of the note could be.
What would he write to me!
After entering my house, I went straight to my bed room and my so very anxious mind opened the folds of the tissue, where in it was written:

Hi Sandra was scribbled which was clearly evident and replaced with

Hi Kasandra,

Sorry for making you climb up the chair,if I wouldn't have asked you to choose a book for me, you wouldn't have been in such a pain !

Thou art to me a delicious torment,pain is such a simple thing to handle only when you gave me.

I said to myself these lines in my mind and blushed until I looked up to my right and left to see if I was caught smiling this way by someone.
I continued reading :

However get well soon,I would want to make up for the same when you are fit and have recovered completely.

xxx
Xav

I found him mentally stimulating me,something that I have hardly experienced before, in my entire lifetime.

The next morning,I woke up,spent sometime lazying around in bed when my sister came to me and offered me bed tea.

"Morning San"

"Thank You for the tea"
"Come sit," I pat my bed and made some space for her to sit.

"How come you woke up so early?"
"Last night after you left,we wrapped up the party soon."

"There was no need of doing this actually you could have continued", I replied.

Xav got some emergency call after which he along with Marcus left.
Soon Holly and Caroline left.

"Oh!"I managed to keep it short.

"You know,Sandra one day,I aspire to be half the woman you are.The way you manage out all the things,how clear you are at your thoughts.I wish I could lead as simple a life you lead!"

"Enough of buttering me!"I told.

"Let's talk about you.You won't be going back to Geneva right?

"Not now atleast. I'll see."

My phone beeped.
I got a message from Kamela saying that she would be on leave today.

I had plans to stay off work today and spend time gardening but I had to cancel all such plans and sit in the Library.

Two hours passed by, Xav was sitting in the corner of the room reading the book that I chose for him yesterday.

We did not have any interaction as such during the entire day.

In the evening he handed me the book,and picked another for himself.

I opened the last page of the book which listed the names of borrowers the last name was Xav and below it was a question
'a cuppa coffee?'
His handwriting was clearly evident to me by now.

I went straight to him while he was engrossed in looking at my collection of books stacked up on one of the shelves, pulled him up making him face me, keeping a hand on his shoulder I interrupted him
"What is it about 'a cuppa coffee?'

He pulled up a rough paper which was lying on my table and wrote

'I thought this amazing weather would deserve one french press coffee for both of us'

Why is he not talking to me!
I am getting mad at him.

I pulled the paper from his hands and wrote further :

'What is it about not talking to me.
Will you tell me that first!'

I handed him the paper and went back to the librarian's table to handle the borrower's list that was lying on the table in open accessible to anyone who would peek into it.

It was six and I was about to pack up my things while my mind was waiting back in anticipation of a justified answer from Xavier's side.

I realized his face had become serious.His charming ways disappeared at an instance and he composed himself.He handed me the paper.I opened it, feeling inquisitive about the answer.
But,all he wrote was

'NOTHING....'

That's it! I looked up to him.He had already walked out of the library,I saw him disappearing in front of me.
Even I did not take any initial efforts to call out his name loudly, to stop him but my legs had other plans,they automatically started pacing in his direction.
And dung!
I fell down.My ankle got twisted again but he did not hold me this time.

He turned around when I was already on the floor.He saw me down on the ground , came to me and without any exchange of words, me picked me up in his perfectly curved shoulders in a bridal style I could say,though I was not his bride, and then made me sit on the edge of the librarian's table.

'Why aren't you wearing a crepe band ?'he asked me.

'It wasn't paining since afternoon!'I replied in a soft voice.

''Are you always this, argumentative?''he asked me.

"Are you always this,dominating ?"

"Can't you answer me straight ?"

"Can't you see that I am in pain ?"

"Delicate darling!"he enjoyed the self created humor all by himself.

"Do you have the crepe here by any chance ?"

"In my purse" and pointed my index finger in the direction of my purse.

In seconds he got the crepe unrolled ; he pulled out on a chair lower than the level of my table,sat on it and took my ankle in his hands and placed it on his knee.

I was not able to deny this caring treatment and pampering he gave me.

I was engrossed in studying his face and his body,while he was gently rolling out the crepe on my ankle.
Initially his cold touch made me giggle due to the ticklish fingers that touched my skin, but then with great efforts I put a grip on my mind and my overly expressive face.

If this cosseting would continue for long,I would surely not be able to resist this coddling and he would be the sole reason to spoil me.

"Its done." He looked up to meet my eyes.
"Why are you smiling?"He caught me badly this time.
But I am no less.I wanted to play with him the evil way.
It was payback time.I thought, this was the perfect time to give a piece of my mind to him.

In a calm voice I uttered only one simple and plain word, "Nothing"

And ...Yes.I enjoyed his disgusted expression so much.The inner joy I felt to give him the same response he gave me,a couple of minutes before, when I was anticipating a serious response from him.I cannot count in words this eternal joy!