Chapter 20

A week later 

Kasandra's POV : 

It was evening time.
I and Mia were driving down home from MT.She was driving and I had to speak about the ongoing war within me,I could no longer keep it to myself.

"Mia I know this is too complicated,for all of us,"I started.

"Hey!Kasandra,see, do what your heart tells you sister,forget about the rest of them.Do you want to live the rest of your life adjusting with someone whom you don't love?",she asked.

Of course I don't want to!I wish  I could do that!All this is so complicated.

I wish Xavier and I never reunited,the question of such complications would not arise.I could not tell Mia,that I was kidnapped on the order of Mercello.I was not sure myself,but I could not just let go the fact that there was a probability of it being the truth.Besides,why would Ken lie to me.I saw those papers with my own eyes.But,the papers could have been forged too!I myself need to dig in the truth.

"No,but father...promised!",I looked at her, raising my eyebrows with concern.

"I leave it to you,"she raises her hands up in the air.I was so confident a while ago with him around me and now...I'm confused.Is this what being in love is all about?Unable to choose rightly.

"Look who's calling", Mia pointed at the phone screen,flashing Joseph's name.

She answered,"Hey Jo?" my eyes opened with shock,she already nicknamed him.

Ok whatever!

"Yes,she's ready...See you soon"...she ended the call.

"Hey,why did he call?"I asked.

"Joseph wants our family to join them for dinner.Like he told me that its just a private family dinner planned by Mercello and that he had called on his behalf,"Mia responded.

~~

Joseph welcomed me with a warm hug," Welcome home", he said with a smile on his face.

"Hi Mia", Ivanka greeted Xavier beside her, and Marcus behind him.

"Where is Mrs.Grace,didn't she come along?"Mercello observed.

"Yes,she was quite tired and asked us to give her regards and blessings",Mia replied.

"The dinner is ready,Mrs.Di'Georgio pointed out", and we headed to the dinner table.

"Can I borrow my would-be wife for sometime",Joseph announced with more of assertion instead of an interrogation.

"She's all yours,but dinner first,you guys have all the time after that," spoke Mrs.Di'Georgio.

 "Or do one thing why don't you all kids stay in here for tonight?"Mercello suggested.

"That can be arranged",Joseph answered on our behalf before even letting us utter a word.

The dinner table was lavishly set with sumptuous amount of food and drinks,a perfect arrangement for spending quality time with family.