Chapter - 10

It was morning time.I was getting ready for work.I felt pleasant after sharing the story over my mind with Mia the last night.I decided to please myself to be in a positive frame of mind.So,I wore a black coloured pleated skirt and an off-shoulder English pink top.I wore gold dangles and tied my hair into a bun leaving my hair strands open on one side.I borrowed Mia's pink lipstick too.Perfectly,ready to go now.

I checked up my itinerary and which mentioned that I had a follow-up meeting with Jacob Winz to proceed with the opening of franchisee of MT in Bern,in the afternoon,post lunch.I had a some paper work to be completed before the meeting,which I had planned to do sitting in my office at MT.

Just then, I received a message from Xav,asking me to meet me for lunch.

Sorry.Lunch not possible - I typed.

What about an afternoon tea? - he replied.

Not possible in the afternoon as well.I have a business meeting.

Alright then,see you for dinner .I'll wait outside MT to pick you up.

He was so sure,that I won't decline having dinner with him.

Yes.Dinner then,See you at Eight - I replied  almost terminating the conversation.

I reached MT and greeted Pauline, Jackson and Tania while going into my cabinet.

I completed the legal formalities and other paper work from my end, which was mandatory for the finalising the deal with Jacob; had my lunch and waited for the clock to show eight.

I was eager,but not so eager to meet him.Butterflies had done their rounds in my stomach since morning.It was this emotional quotient,that Xavier..Kenneth my Ken..at least in my mind I can call him Kenneth ...,revived inside me,which was shut locked deep inside for any man till now. Faith on the Forever's and unconditional irrevocable bonds was restated.He was the one who turned our bad times into the better ones,the tough times into the simpler ones,the support we gave each other was a constant strength that accompanied us all way long.It was a simpler life then,no exposure to the real whims and fancies of the world.

Our small little world of mine and his was enough for us.I some times,in my days of void especially when I lost my parents,used to think about Kenneth,how difficult and rough a life he might have been through,if he still survived till now and what would he be doing.A mountain of emotion stood up when I was parting from Kenneth in my last few days at orphanage,the same one,when my parents left for a heavenly abode leaving me behind with my sister and grandma.

Its not easy to stay apart and separate from someone, once you start to rely on them for your needs.

I hope now I don't face anymore such separations.

"Knock,knock!!" he came in disturbing my train of thoughts.

My eyes opened wide, with a surprise clearly evident on my face.Think about the devil and the devil appears.No he isn't a devil though,he's always done acts of kindness to me,my sweet persona told myself.

Pursing my lips I gave an expression of what he was doing her,"What?We decided that you will be here at eight ! It is not eight yet ,Xav!",although it made my do a quick dance inside my mind.

"By the way,you are looking so pretty,I have no words to describe"he grabbed a seat on the opposite side of the table and sat like his own office.Yes,what was mine was always his,I always had to share with him,even against my will.But,I never opposed that,because I had at least someone to share being an orphan. 

"Xav,that is not the point",I replied intentionally ignoring his compliment with a stern voice.

"Then,what is it?"he sounded serious this time leaving behind the humour and playful tone in his voice.