Chapter Two : New Beginnings

The next day morning I woke up, had cornflakes and kiwi for breakfast and bid a bye to granny and Mia.

"All the best,Mia"
"May you come up with flying colors and achieve what you have aimed at!"

"Thank you sister"
With that I shut the door and started walking down the street.
The weather is pretty fine till now but the clouds will soon cover the sky as per the latest forecast shown by my mobile phone.

Its afternoon and the cafe is full of rush.I had some meetings lined up from yesterday which had to be postponed due to Mia's sudden and unexpected arrival.
I had invited Mr.Jacob Winz to meet me at Shack's which was an ancient archaic restaurant away from our cafe, since he was interested in starting up a franchisee of MT in Bern.We had a brain storming discussion that went well.

Finally, all the meetings were over and I headed back to MT in the evening.

Mia was already there, sitting and enjoying with a group of people, all of them were strangers to me.
I thought of not to disturb her,while I was passing by her table.Although,she had different plans.

"Sandra!Here she comes!"exclaimed my little girl in front of her group.

"Meet my sister! Kasandra! Kasandra,
She is Caroline,she is Holly,he is Marcus,he is Marcus's friend Xavier,
he is Alwin,and she is Hannah.

"Hello everyone",I said.
Holding a smile on my face,my eyes travelled from one person to the another in an order in which she introduced me to them.
But my eyes met someone's eyes for some extra seconds than the need be.
It was as though I caught his eyes and he mine.

"These are a few of my research buddies,Sandra",Mia told me.
Finally,now I am satisfied with the answer I was looking forward to for such a long time.

"That reminds me, we have nailed it Sandra,we did it!I am so happy"

"Congratulations Mia and everyone!You guys have done it!"I said in appreciation and in admiration patted Mia's back.

"So this calls for a celebration"I said.

"This is what we are doing",Caroline said.

"Common guys,this isn't called a celebration",added Marcus.

"We'll do one thing,since you guys would be staying in Zurich for some more days ,we'll celebrate it tonight at my place"added Mia.

"You mean our cafe,after hours?"
I asked her a rhetoric questions.

"Of course Sandra!"

"Not a problem at all!Well,see you at night then! I'll arrange for drinks,music and food",I promised them all.

"Mia,did you show them our Library collection?"

"No,we just walked in a couple of minutes back.Everyone was craving for food.So I thought,lets satiate our stomach first and later the brain."

My eyes caught the sight of Alwin and Caroline giggling at the foolish thing uttered by Mia.

"I am done with my food,"said Xavier.

I looked at him with a 'so what' expression.

"So if you people will excuse me,would you, Ms.Sandra, mind leading me the way to your library?"

The guy is quicker than I thought him to be,my inner persona responded.

"Well,of course",I told him in as much ease as possible.

He got up from his chair in a royal and smooth manner making me astonished about his perfections.
We both started walking without any exchange of words.
We reached the entrance door of the library and I waited for him to enter first since the length of the entrance door is too small to accommodate only one person at a time.
"After you,Sandra,"he told me in a polite manner.
"Sandra is only for a few dear ones" I told him being stern and rigid,since he was an anonymous man to me.
Being rude on a purpose eh,my inner persona questioned me.