Chap 9 - Fear Again

Two days after returning from my dramatic to a normal routine life, I surrounded myself with more and more work,only to keep away the thoughts of my journey of past few weeks.The tired body of mine,at the end of each night would not stay awake for long to think about my struggles,my childhood,my past which, with great effort, I had closed in the corner of  my heart,suddenly and shockingly popping up breaking free in my present ,and whether I will be able to hold on to it again, how much ever I wished to.After all,"the world is not a wish granting factory,"as quoted by the author of The Fault in Our Stars,I remembered.

After having dinner with granny and Mia,I headed straight to my room for resting.After some five minutes or so,Mia knocked my door and came in.

I held a pale smile on my face,just to greet her.However,she read my face and hugged me tight, without any exchange of words, knowing that I felt lost. My little sister,has grown up in all senses,I realized."Dearie,what's the matter?You can always confide into me,you know right!"she said.I held back and sewed my lips in response to her question."Well,I'm here for you and you are not alone.But,it seems that you need to rest.I will handle your work at MT till the time you want me to!Good night!Think about it and let me know" she said.

When she reached the door and held the door knob to open,I called her out"Mia!Come back,please.Can you sleep here with me today?I asked her.

"Why not,sister!I'll get my quilt and be right back!"

"Älright"

After five minutes,she came back with her quilt and sat beside the window watching the star studded sky and the moon,opposite to the bed.

"We grew up so quickly,I miss mom and dad.I was ten, when they adopted me."

She turned her neck,in a shock state to watch me,"What?Kasandra?Why did you not tell me before?Why did anyone not tell me this before?"

"I never knew I would have to tell it anytime ever in my life,and to anyone."

"Then,why now Sandra,why now?"

I walked out of my bed,throwing over my quilt to the other side,and settled my self beside her and the window.

"I have been holding up so many things in my mind for quite a long time,and I no longer have the strength to face it alone.I was in an orphanage and my only friend in the orphanage was Xavier."Xavier,you mean Marcus's brother?"she asked with her eyes wide open.

"Yes,the same Xavier!"I replied.

"So did you have a thing for each other?"she asked inquisitively to know my exact status of relationship with him then.

"Darling,did I not tell you that he was my only friend!Please read in between the lines!"

"So,you do!Then what is the problem?"

"Is he married?""she asked giggling but controlling her laughter since I pulled on a serious face.

"I don't know!"

"Does he have a girlfriend?"

  "I don't know!" 

  "Does he have a boyfriend?" 

  "I don't know!" 

"Then,what is the problem?" she asked impatiently,throwing a pillow at me.

I could not think of any reply to her question as to what answer would be appropriate to her question since the real answer was we could not have anything between us because,he would be gone and vanished out, leaving no whereabouts of his,because of the field that he had chosen for himself.I could not leave my only parent,Granny and Mia alone on their own,here in Geneva.I didn't know when will the last time be,to see him.

"Kasa,you seem lost. Awaiting your reply!" 

"Mia,I don't know if he holds the same thing for me know.In fact,even I don't know whether I hold the same thing for him now after he suddenly enters into my simple life creating a havoc."

She started laughing at my foolish response,but I could not think of a better answer to her at the moment,whatever impromptu it was.

"I think its better to call him home for a coffee or something,or meet him in some place and spend time with him.U'll get to know what he is up to!"

"Thanks a lot Mia for your valuable advice,I'll definitely think about it."

I got up from the window place and maneuvered into my bed.

Holy Cow!I forgot to warn Mia!

"Mia,please don't share this with anyone what I told you,about being adopted and about Ke..Xav..I mean Xavier."I  was about to forget,that Kenneth is not Kenneth but Xavier.I pinched myself,to keep my conscious intact while talking with anybody,henceforth.

I turned off by bedside light.

"Yes.You can confide into me you know,and being an adopted one does not make any difference in what we share now,since you were my only support and you have played a pivotal role as my parent in raising me up and taking care of my needs,don't worry.Goodnight,Kasa!"