Chapter 23

Mia's POV :

"Stop messing with me like that!"I pleaded.
"The way he looks at you, I'm intrigued surely,"Kasandra said putting on her red velvet lipstick,in my bedroom.

"Either you tell me, or I'll ask Xavier or Marcus,"Kasandra warned again,since I mumbled to myself,the answer to her earlier question.

"Nothing of that sort",I clearly pointed out.

"Alright, we'll discuss this later, let's get ready for tonight," there was a slight change in plan as Mercello had booked us the bowling arena in the Restaurant followed by drinks,dance and dinner.

Kasandra was with me,and told me that she wanted to stay with me,instead of Joseph as far as possible to avoid the unwanted awkward situations she might have to deal with Joseph hovering around, especially during the night time.

~~

"Ready?" Xavier banged the door open looking at Kasandra.
"I am ready,so I'll go out, check for Marcus, but I think Kasa's been waiting for you,"I teased her, Xavier giving me a smile from the corner of his lips.

"Yes,get out Mia baby,"Kasa sounded amused,but approving it.

~~
There he was.I hugged him from behind.
"Marcus, Kasandra was asking if there's anything on between us?"I informed him.

He tensed his muscles and asked,"What did you reply?"

"Nothing concrete yet!We need more time to understand eachother first,right??"

"You never disappoint me Mia,"he said approving my genuine reply.

~~

"Hey Albert!"Finally he had arrived too and was waiting for us in front of the bowling lane,seated comfortably on the table.

"Hello everyone!"he greeted us all.
Joseph had his arm around Kasa, while Xavier's around Ivanka.
I and Marcus were separated by the presence of both couples between us.

"So who is in whose team?"I asked ready to hit the bowling lane.

"I'll prefer to be with Joseph,Kasa declared, trying to give Joseph a consolation,if not a wife in the future, atleast a teammate.I giggled.

He kissed her cheek, approving her choice in return to which my eyes shifted to Xavier.
I giggled again.
He kissed Ivanka without any reason.Jealousy in the air.

"Albert,Kasandra and me in a team and Ivanka,Xavier and Mia in the other,"Marcus declared.

"I can't play this.I'll enjoy the company of my drinks,"he uttered.

~~

The game was over and we won.The fact that Kasa was playing too well knocking down each of the pin ball till the third round.But after she'd been back from the restroom she was looking pale and dull.
I wanted to ask her,but couldn't approach her in middle of the game,and it was a serious thing probably,she wouldn't want to disclose it in public.

I thought, it'd be better to make her drink so that I put her to bed, taking her along with me for the entire night.

Joseph had got us all a bottle of Goldschläger with cinnamon schnapps.
Im my very little knowledge of hard drinks,this was an addition.
The speciality about this one is that there are fine gold Flakes floating in it,as told by Joseph.

Everyone had to say something,and held their glasses up,
"To my marriage with Kasandra"Joseph said,
"To my marriage with Xavier",it was Ivanka,
"To the victory at the bowling game",I added.
"To finally have found my love"Xavier added, passing a quick look at Kasa,
"To my business expansion",Kasa added,
"To the best of times," Albert added,
"To the hiking trip and skiing we are having tomorrow"Albert added.