Chapter 13

Kasandra's POV :

I pushed the door open with the spare key,and entered inside my home,like a thief who wishes that no one should watch you while entering.

If only Mia would have slept by then!But No!Now be calm and control that everlasting blush on your face.With great effort,I straightened up my face and pulled over that ironed expression."Oh!You absolutely don't need to do that.I had been to MT", she burst out laughing,which meant either Pauline or Jackson might have told,"after you left with ahem ahem!",she continued.

Ok Ok!Get upstairs!In my room", I had not planned on telling her like this but I know Mia won't let me sleep before I narrate her the entire episode from the beginning.

"So,yes,we met, a casual outing, then had food,nothing else."I told her pulling that fake face again.

""And?"she wanted to know more.

"And,yes he ordered food!"I remembered the random kiss we shared prior to having food and chuckled.

"And?"Mia caught me in a fix,knowing that I haven't  hit the main point yet.

"And nothing!"Sleep now!"I switched of the bedside lamp,to call it a night,squirming into my quilt.

"And?"she immediately asked without giving up,pulling down the quilt I had taken to cover up my face.

"We kissed"my tongue slipped abruptly. 

"I knew it,I just knew it!My sister's Mr.Charming would not let her go so easily.He wasn't hitting on me or anything.It was just the string of circumstances,like an impromptu act",finally she sounded satisfied and being in a hurry to divert the topic,I replied to her with my rounds of questions,"Mia!Enough about me!How was your day?" 

"Marcus dropped in our cafe today,evening.He told me he was just passing by!"

"Oh!Yes,I just bid him a bye,while I entered their mansion along with Xavier"I told her.

"Dear,Mia,how is Grandma,I haven't met her today even once."

Shes'fine as usual!By the way, that reminds me,keep yourself free for day after tomorrow,our family just got an invite for the City Ball,from the Mayor,and also tomorrow since we need to shop a few things to look perfect for the evening.

"As your majesty!"I replied pulling her nose,pampering my bundle of joy."Now,your highness,if you will let me sleep,I have work tomorrow,and I don't like procrastinating things in my hand.We will shop in the evening,whatever and wherever you want."

"Yes sister!Good night"

~~

The day of ball is here,I was quite happy with the finalisation of opening a franchisee with Jacob Vinz  yesterday and for that,I had planned out a business tour to Bern to decide upon the location of franchisee,day after tomorrow.

We selected our evening gowns for The City Ball,Mia's was decked in darted bodice,tapering into a clichë natural waist,with a diamond-jewelled neckline,violet in colour, while mine was, a sage coloured backless with a side slit, with white and black floral embroidery.

I did my hair and tied them into a twisted puff style while Mia choose a french twist.We got ready and wore our high pencil heels,Mia a 4 inch and I a 3 inch,in-spite of a twisted ankle.

"My two beautiful grand daughters,come her!", she cupped our faces with her hands standing in between us.

Let's get going !We soon reached the Mayor's residence,and made our red carpet entry.The purpose of this Ball was to raise funds for charity,I normally hate such blooming parties,however,I was looking forward to it because of Mia,I had a company of my choice.