Chapter 32

Kasandra's Pov :

I had reached St.Laurn Street by now,travelling a pretty deserted Highway.I parked my Volvo there in the parking lot on the street and removed my phone out of my jeans pocket to wait for the phone call.The road was dead silent it being the middle of night.

I turned to my back when I saw another car roaring and about to park behind mine with its headlights beaming at me,the light pricking into my eyes straight.
My phone buzzed and I slide the answer button where the other party started the conversation :

"Can you see the car parked behind yours?"

"Yes"

"Get in there soon"

"But where are Kenneth and Marcus?"

"You'll meet them soon,now without a word follow my instructions"

I tried to peep in the window shield of the car behind me but failed to get even the slightest hint of identifying the driver,the darkness favoured him too.

I took a step looking towards both my sides,but it was a lonely road,hardly any passerby or pedestrians.

I opened the door of the car,
And I was utterly shocked to see in front of me,Joseph.

An injured,very poorly draped,and dirty Joseph who seemed like he failed to take a bath for many days.

"Get inside you bitch.You ruined my life just like your parents,"he shouted in anger and rage beyond limits.

"Look, I'm sorry for what happened about your mother,we can discuss this,"I tried to convince him without getting inside his car.

"Discuss this,not happening anytime,the time to discuss was over when your fiancee put me behind bars,you slut,now I'm going to enjoy seeing his face when blood oozes out of your body and you lay in a pool of your own blood,and he is helpless and can do nothing about it.I'm taking you straight to Edmonds warehouse and we will both enjoy torturing you till your last breath.I will do the same with your sister,but one by one."

"No,no...you will not,I beg you,"I pleaded with all my energy.

He came out and pulled my hands into his hold,and had a rope which he started putting around my hands, grabbing both my hands, mercilessly.

Please don't do this,I begged him,but he wasn't ready to negotiate.I'm in enough trouble already,I need to go to Kenneth and Marcus,I need to go to the hospital,here across the street.I begged him.

"Not a word more ,or I'll kill you right now,"he gnarled.I tried to remove my phone but he snatched it away from me and tossed it in air far away into the dark.I had no option but to get my hands off this rope,I had put my hand behind my back to take that gun.I tried hard and bit him in the neck,like a vampire.He screamed in pain but loosened his hold on my hands,which gave me the required second to pull out my gun.

He fell on the concrete and I held that gun aiming at him,but he happen to prick me with some needle,it gave me a feeling of an ant biting my foot but I was fine in my senses.

"Enough now,I'm done listening to your bullshit, I'm pregnant and you better keep away any thoughts of harming me or my family which includes Mercello and Ileana as well."

"What?"A voice almost like a scream came from the off side of road.A manly figure emerged from the other side of the road,too pleased my eyes, to see it was Kenneth and then followed by Marcus.

"Marcus get him," Kenneth ordered panting for air.
Both were panting infact.
Joseph got up from the ground and started running in the other direction away from Marcus.

Russel and Vincent grabbed him at the other end in which he tried running.

Russel on his Bluetooth had some conversation,I was unable to listen to.

I hugged Kenneth harder and tight filling every gap and space between us.

"Kasa,are you alright?"he asked me still holding me in his arms.

"I think I feel a bit dizzy with a slight headache."

"Kasandra,why didn't you tell me before?I would have never asked you to do this,had I in the first place known about your pregnancy,"he kissed my
forehead holding my face with his palms.

"I had second thoughts"I replied looking away from his eyes.

"Oh!I need that gun back now.!"he understood that it was not the right time and place to discuss pregnancy on the middle of the road.

Kenneth made me sit in the Volvo,and he drew me back home.On my way back,we started talking again about this :

"How did you know I can use the gun?"

"It was obvious, Lieutenant General's daughter would know how to at least hold a gun and aim at"he replied amused.

"Darling, for a second,I was worried.It reminded me of how I had a phone call of this sort the last time,the news of my parents death was shared to me.I secretly hoped that nothing of this sort would happen again.But,when the speaker on call told me,get some cash,it felt odd."

"Yes,our calls were tapped.Then itself I knew something was not right.Also,Marcus,from his network got to know about Joseph's elopement.I didn't want anyone of you to worry,so we didn't tell anyone about it in the family."

"Why did you keep a note addressing 'to kasa' in the locker ie.the treasure box?"I interrogated further.

"Because,I didn't want to tell you anything about this to add to your troubles unnecessarily.Also,my vault was the safest place to keep it, because I know you wouldn't open it without my knowledge and I didn't want to keep anything handy.So the vault,just in case we identified Joseph's location,after the fake call ,
my detective-lover-asking-too-much "

"Marcus and I had this gut feeling somewhere that after we fake our preponed trip to Moscow,he would come out of his disguise and cover and plan to harm someone, avenging for the so called injustice done.So,we spread a word that our trip has been preponed.I ensured that it was made public and that no one could doubt it.But,I never imagined that he would be so eager to do it this quick."

"Oh! That's my Mr.Formidable-expert-future-predictor,"and I smiled,to release the on going tension in air,I slightly shifted towards the driver seat, resting my palm on his thigh and rubbing it gently,to feel him.

In response,he casually turned to look at me,our eyes met and curved a gentle smile, he said,"Honey,your eyes are turning red,are you alright?"

"Yeah.I am having an acute pain in my head and the intensity is increasing at an unexpected pace."

"Sleep now! I've asked the doctor to visit our estate.Its better we get you checked up,you look dull and pale."

~

A last few chapters in the book!

Keep loving!
Stay positive and have a great day ❤️❤️❤️❤️