Chapter 25

Kasandra's POV :

He kicked me in the stomach and pushed me with irresistible force,my head hit something hard,some corner of the table, before crashing out on the floor I suppose,and then opened my blindfold.
It was an excruciating pain
And I might have got a swelling as well,by the touch of it.
It was a dark and filthy unkept area, probably a place forbidden for years,dust every where.Only,the broken window, helped the light to peep in.

"Edmond,what do you want to do with this bitch ?"asked Joseph.

"You already know that! Thank you for this wonderful gift.I have got you a gift in return,"the other man who was addressed as Edmond replied.

He was the same man I had seen yesterday in the bowling pit.

He held an aged man by his collar,it was none other that Mercello;that came as a shock to me.

How could Joseph do this to his father, Mercello!

He looked bruised,shabby and wounded.
Joseph pulled out a Swiss knife out of his pocket, and
aimed at Mercello's neck.

"You were the reason,my mother is the sufferer.You both are the reason,my mother suffered,"he turned to me.
I was bewildered,not understanding how I was to be blamed and for what I am being blamed.

"You family played games with mine years back,now you are doing the same with me!Do you think I'm an idiot,I don't know what's going on between you and Xavier?"he looked at me with a venomous glare.

"I narrowed my eyes!"in utter shock.

Slapped.Once..Twice.
Joseph,be gentle with the girl, she's my gift don't forget.Let me have her for tonight and then do whatever you feel like,"Mercello begged him with both his hands.

"Joseph,please stop it! Don't harm the innocent girl!"
"You spineless man,you couldn't protect your family and friends,your wife and children!How will you protect this little kid!"

I didn't completely understand what he was referring to!

Mercello,you are an epitome of failure.You never made right choices.My mother was shot because you didn't stay with Edmond,you got your long time friend Freddrick killed at my hands because I wanted to avenge my mother's agony,you let escape Xavier and Marcus out of Edmond's hands for no reason,by sending them to Paris,you are again choosing the wrong by offering to protect Freddrick daughters!
.
.
But,not anymore, I'm going to kill you both!"Joseph declared.

"All the while I thought,my friend and his wife died in an accident,but it was you !"spat Mercello.

Joseph,I thought we could be friends if not man and wife,but you don't even deserve my hatred now.

"The best way to bed is killing someone before the bedding.I choose to bed your little delicate not so obedient, would be wife and kill the other," declared Edmond.

No way! Xavier must be on his way,I hope! Dear God! Help me please!I hope Mia is in safe hands.

"But, you can't kill me,you don't have the proof and evidences Louis had acquired against you,"Mercello shouted out his lungs.

"This is what happens,when your reign is over, you have become old, give the young blood Joseph,a chance."Edmond replied.

"Let me simply tell you,I had been to Interlaken,a week back, where I got to know about the secret visits Louis had.I searched and handed it all to Edmond."

"Alright,we have wasted enough time discussing it,its time to act.Goodbye Mercello!"Joseph held a gun aiming the forehead of Mercello.

This was so much to take at a time, Joseph was not my choice,but now I absolutely hate him.I was once again an orphan and he was the reason for it.