Chapter 27

Kasandra's POV :

The Freddrick's, the Di'Georgio's,the Greens, everyone surrounded my bed to see me regain my senses.

I smiled slightly, gently trying to nod my neck,with long blinks.An eye to eye 'Hello'
I could sense the wave of joy in this room, everyone was elated to see me.

A month later :

Xavier's POV :

We had finally sorted out everything.Mercello and Ileana accepted my relationship with Kasandra.I had to convince Ivanka for a while,but she finally agreed to it,when I told her my history,where I came from, skipping some vital information, unnecessary for her.
Joseph was boycotted from the family,but Mercello felt bad about that.

Ileana stopped talking to Joseph,after she learnt that Joseph had given her husband a fractured hand and Marcus and Kasandra,each a bullet.

Mercello spoke to him once,a fortnight before, about forgetting the past and moving on,but he didn't quite agree to that ideology.He was now behind bars,his trial was to begin shortly.

I thought the biggest punishment to him would be seeing me and Kasandra together.
Marcus, and Kasandra are now completely fine and I am glad that they are.

I promised her a dinner date in my house so here I'm cooking for her,her favourite Chicken wings with barbeque sauce,macaroni and rösti potatoes,and tiramisu for desert.
I picked the finest Chateau Margaux from my imperial wine collection for the special night.

I'd given her the access to my fortress, because she was going to stay with me here forever now.So I wouldn't have to escort her all the way from the entrance and she could come in anytime without my permission.

I set our table beside the pool,that was one of my favorite place in my house.I checked the clock it was seven,which meant she would be here anytime soon.

I'd her gift packed which was in my pocket.

I heard the knocking of heels on the Italian floor, hinting me that she's here.
Punctual indeed!I smirked turning to face her,meeting her eyes straight.

With each step she approached me,I glanced at her from bottom to top,ok,I checked he out, pursing my lips !She looked simple yet elegant! Just the way I like her.

"When was the last time someone swept you off your feet?"I asked her.

She looked confused but amused.I clicked that candid image of her on my phone.

"Come,"I grabbed her by her waist and she tuned in with my pace.

"Some extravaganza,I hope not!"she winked sideways looking at me.

I smiled back,"Wait and watch."

The door sensors opened the view to her.

The sky ablaze a million stars, welcoming us to celebrate our love.
"Hanging candles,string lights,floral pieces, petals,and a table for two...oh my god,this is so much to soak in,"she exclaimed overjoyed.

"Don't worry,we have all the time for us now,take your own time to soak in, I'm ready to take things forward at your pace,"I replied, trying to ease her up.

She raises her eyebrow,her teeth peeking out slightly.

I leave her waist and focus on pulling the chair beside the pool gleaming with dim lights on,a thousand stars as our audience.

"I thought of many clichè ways,"I told her asking her to sit.

"And then?"she asked.

"And then,I thought,I should take you on a mid-night hiking trip tomorrow ."