Chapter 28

Kasandra's POV :

The light from the window peeped in.I woke up to the sight of Xavier watching me.

I smiled back,remembering the rendezvous of yesterday,no less than a fairy tale evening with banter.

"Good morning Kasandra, such a peaceful sight watching you in your sleep,"Xavier murmured in my hair.

"Good morning Kenneth!"I kissed his cheek and got out of the bed covers.

"I need to go home,I don't have spare clothes for today,"I uttered, remembering me of the closet,Joseph offered me,a few days back,but quickly dismissed it.

  "I thought you were to accompany me at the felicitation."

"That I am",I pursed my lips,"Who would want to miss her boyfriend's felicitation and miss an opportunity to  boast about?"
I was playful too after yesterday night,I was completely his and he mine.No more distances.

I looked at my body in the mirror.
I felt a new woman take over me, shedding  away the indifferent feeling for some forby one,incapable of expressing in words.

"You look free today,much eased up and flushed,"he spoke.

"Is that a bad thing?"I asked putting back my jacket.

"No,I take it as my reward."

I blushed.

"Very well then,take me home."

~~~   

We both were escorted to, inside the Cantonment Area where the felicitation programme was organised.The building we entered, was a sandstone architecture with multiple mini-towers resembling an old castle, a mechanic clock and a sundial located above the archetype,outside the building.The opulence and beauty of it was mesmerising.
It was clearly evident by now that this building was constructed in the medieval area.Not that I'd never seen such architectures before,but this one was well,nothing less than extraordinary.I had been around here with my parents,long ago, inside the Cantonment,all the memories flashed back. 

"Excuse me everyone,please be seated,the ceremony will begin shortly."

We occupied the round table,which mentioned Kenneth's name.

Commander Xavier Greens - Intelligence Services

Xavier looked so graceful in his uniform.The felicitation soon began and the awardees stood on the podium one by one after they received their award.

The speaker announced his name and he marched in a rhythm,to Vice Admiral who held his medal.

The crowd cheered up and clapped for him.The media also flashed their cameras, my vision was blurred.I had watery eyes, seeing him like this.It was a great honor to be felicitated at the hands of Vice Admiral,only a few notable have the opportunity.

Later,we had lunch our lunch in the same building with all the awardees.
"Bored?"he asked since I hadn't spoken to him for long.

"Nayy! I'm used to it for years!"he understood what I wanted to convey.

"Famished!"I was done with my food.

Later,we drove back to his house.

Marcus and Mia were already there welcoming us home.

"You guys,How come?"I asked hugging Mia briefly.

"Marcus invited me for a night trek."

She continued,"For which you didn't even bother to tell!"
Mia giggled.