Chapter 15

Kasandra's POV :

I woke up to see no traces of Xavier anywhere around,instead Mia was sitting beside the window,waiting for me to wake up.She had got tea for me.Wow!Bed tea!

"Grandma told me that Uncle Mercello has invited us for lunch at his place today.He has an announcement to make and he wants us all to be present.So please be ready!"I was still half asleep and yawning at whatever Mia said.

"What?Say again?"I asked her

She repeated the entire line again,"Alright!"

~~

"Good Afternoon,ladies and gentlemen who have gathered here on our short request!It gives me and my wife,Mrs. Ileana Mercello D'Giorgio to announce the engagement of our  only daughter, Ivanka D'Giorgio with Commander Xavier Greens",those words of Mercello uncle pierced a thousand spears in my heart and all over my body.My muscles tensed in response.I looked at Xavier,his response to it,shocking me further.Mia stood beside me and squeezed my hand,to present me with her support.

"Xavier stood on his knee and opened up the box only to say "Will you marry me,my love?"

"Yes",Ivanka responded making him rise,he didn't even bother to look at me even once.What about those promises!

I couldn't take anymore.With that I took Mia by her hand and rushed out of the living arena.Granny had not been here already since she was not in the pink of her health and told us to convey Mercello her regards.

Marcus stopped us on our way insisting that we stay back for a longer while,as though he had something to tell.

"Please.Its a request",Marcus insisted again.I wanted to confront Xavier with his past,with his present and with his future,with those promises,and with his life altogether.

"Alright!"I replied teary faced.

What the f*ck is happening ?"Mia asked,to which I had no reply.

Xavier's POV : 

Bloddy f*cker played his game again.And,again I lost.I am tired of Mercello controlling my life.But I have no option either.I just cannot imagine what Kasandra will respond to all of this.I tried telling her about Mercello,but she was asleep yesterday,and now no chance,Ivanka won't leave me for a single minute.

Congratulations Xavier,you lost again!

Soon Mercello made the announcement,I so wanted to run beside Kasandra and tell her that I love her,only her and I won't marry Ivanka,only if I had a choice.The only option available to me was to let it happen as Mercello commands,otherwise there were consequences.

He would not regret to put an end to Kasandra's life once he finds about my relationship with Kasandra;just like he did with her parents.

The only thing in my hand was to turn his support system against him.I need to act fast.But then,for now,I bend down and stand on one knee to fake a proposal ,"Will you marry me,my love?"

~~

Soon all the drama was over and I was with Marcus in my mansion,beside the bar counter.

"Xav,get a grip over yourself,drinking down the night is not going to solve our problems."

"Shut the f*ck up,you bastard"I replied sternly,tossing the whiskey glass in my hand,down the floor, aimlessly. 

"Same to you Xav",he said smirking at me and came forward hugging me, a brotherly hug. 

Mercello leaked all information about the army to the most influential mafia family in Switzerland,and with the help of Mercello, they carried out cross border smuggling. Mercello became rich and powerful,with every smuggling contract.

"There is a rumour around that Salvatore,the most prominent mafia leader is soon going to meet Mercello"Marcus told.

"Well,I thought that Salvatore Edmond,who had kidnapped Kasandra,would be present there,where she was held hostage and that I'd finish off my bondage with Mercello forever,by killing him and making him confess the truth.But,there was some confusion,it was his immediate next leader in command,Samuel Piccolo,whom I shot dead,puncturing his body with as many holes as possible.

I filled in one peg after another of Dalmore 62 Single Malt for myself and Marcus and drank the night away.