Catch me If you Can

It was pitch dark by now.
I had two candelabras in this dirty room.

I had plans to write on the paper, fold it into the same envelope and place it by the window.
Instead I chose to keep a blank envelope by the window to confirm if it was Xavier or any other person to help me get out of this.

I kept the envelope on the window pane in a manner visible to the outsider,in the same way I received it.

I had all my eyes on the window to see who was the writer of the letter.

I lost track of time and sleep engulfed me.

After I woke up from my nap, I had not one but two envelopes hanging by the window.

One was of course mine,the other was coloured yellow.
I opened the yellow one,
It had the following written:

Dear Damsel in Distress,

Thank you firstly for listening to me and not making any attempts at eloping.
Secondly, why did you not reply to my first letter to you!
I understand we aren't exchanging any love letters,
My only concern is that you do not feel afraid and that you have someone beside you to share anything that comes to your mind in this critical time you are going through.

Mia and her friends have returned safe from Interlaken. Grandmother is also safe.
My men are taking care of your family's safety.

Yours,
Xxx

PS : BE BRAVE!YOU ALREADY ARE!
I haven't forgotten what I have sworn.
Stay here by the window.See you soon.

I had a sigh of relief when this man ensured me my family's safety.
But After all,I was still unsure of who My knight in shining armour is!

Whoever this man is,Why is he taking care of our family so much! I'm wondering!

All is going to be okay; I said to myself.

I was awake for the rest of the night and kept on thinking about the documents and papers these men were asking me about.

We were a simple family. My dad an army officer and my mother, a home maker taking care of me and my Mia.
We lost our parents in a car accident. Since then we stay with our grandmother. We all were in shock but Mia suffered the most because Some people are irreplaceable;parents are one such set of people. Mia was very disturbed and didn't speak much during those days.I and granny mutually decided to send Mia to Geneva for further studies so that she could get over with the crisis situation and move on; because that is how life is all about. Moving on!

Tears rolled down my eyes after I remembered the memory of my parents.I wish daddy was alive. He would have penalised these men by taking a punitive action to treat his daughter like this.

I buried my face in my palms and sobbed for a while.I missed my parents and wiping away my tears I buried my face again in my knees.

"Kasandra! Don't cry! I'm here to rescue you!"a smooth voice whispered.

I rubbed my eyes to get a clear view of the window.
It was Xavier.

I went near th window.

"Why am I here?Help me get out of here,please,I beg you!Its a horrible place.I can't take this anymore. Its You!Since you have entered my life,I am getting in problems one after the other; back to back!"
My voice going in an increasing pitch,I punched his chest and his arm relentlessly. After I finished my quota of annoyance,mixed with fear and banishment,I started crying again.

"Shhh!!!Shhh!!!
Calm down!Kasandra!I completely understand you! Don't worry.I am here with you!They won't harm you anymore."

He held my hand in his in an assuring manner.
I cried further. All my accumulated emotions from last two days,came out instantaneously.