Chapter 8.

Day of the Show

I stood in the small dressing room given to just me, practicing my dance full out over and over and over again. 

I needed to prove myself. Not just for my father, or those people, but for myself. 

I wore my tan tights, and managed to place something over my cuts so they wouldnt appear. 

Over my tights, I wore black spandex shorts, I wore a black long sleeved crop top that generated a scoop neck along with a white and black flannel. 

My hair was in light curls and I had natural makeup along with a thin line of eyeliner with mascara and a tinted red lip gloss.

The song choice selected by Ashlan. Give Me Love by Ed Sheeran continuously filled the dressing room.

I took a chug of water, letting it slide down my sore throat from this morning. 

There was a knock upon my door, "Come In." I spoke, doing a rapid run through of the dance. Ashlan's head popped inside, "You're on." 

I stopped, turned off the music and took a deep breath. I slid on my black sock that ended a little under the knee.

I walked outside of the dressing room and to the backstage area. I listened to the applause of everyone. "That was Jessica Smith ladies and gentleman. Now, without further ado. Our closing act, miss Brinley Rose!!" the man announced, and I knew that people were familiar with me around here. I always danced. 

I walked out from behind the curtain and got in position, my mind completely fading out and the choreography being my only priority. 

The beat of the song dropped, and I stepped forward before getting upon my toes before lowering myself and repeating that. 

I turned my body leaping into the air, somewhat doing a split in the air before landing and jumping to the right of me slightly as I pushed my leg back resting my hand on my abdomen and over my mouth leaning backwards before lurching forward, bringing my leg in.

I pulled out of the position, stepping out and and walked in a slight circle, completing a leap where one leg was tucked in and the other swung around back as I landed and faced the crowd. 

I rested my hand on my lower stomach again, raising my right leg allowing myself to extend it straight up as my hands went along with it before grabbing my foot and did a twirl before going down into a squat and turning to the side to bring my leg behind me halfway, before kicking it up to my head from there.

I executed a few moves before doing a few spins and moves that required mostly arm movements and barely showed leg movements but a mere moving around.

I ended up on the floor, slightly rolling onto my back, bringing my pelvis up and turning so that my shoulder is against the floor as I bring my leg up near my head. I brought my leg around and my body, sliding my body into a split then pulling my legs into my body pushing them out one by one.

Turning to rest my palm on the floor and did a small jump to then roll my body back to the floor so I was sitting to then lean more to my right and extend my left leg. 

"And that I'll find my corner-" I jumped up straight before leaning back extended my arms out infront of me as I circled lightly. 

I did a few moves that corresponds with my arms mostly before executing a slight sashay into a leap. 

I ended up on the floor again to perform a few moves then to lay on my stomach and arch my body back towards my legs. I pushed myself backwards and made my body come up as I stood by the top of my toes.