Chapter 19.

I woke up to my gentle alarm that read 4:00am. I slipped out of Ashton's grip and went for a quick shower. 

I was leaving in in a matter of hours and I didnt want Ashton to be awake when I did. I wanted to leave it how he did me, with a heartfelt letter, but thanking him for bringing me all this way to be with him even if it was a few days. It warmed my heart that he seemed to care so dearly for him, as if I was the only thing ever on his mind nowadays but my thoughts shattered that feeling because I knew my issues. 

I knew he wouldnt want such a messed up thing as myself. 

I quickly finished the shower and got dressed in the clothes I planned for today, I was getting picked up by my father and we were going to a meeting for my dancing. Automatically I dreaded my arrival but I couldnt do much about it.

I slipped my TOPSHOP MOTO Aubergine Leigh Jeans which was a rather dark burgundy type color. I put on my Toast Angora Sweater and threw my Snow Bunny Jacket on from Forever21 as I wrapped my black infinity scarf around my neck. 

My feet slipped into my black Dr. Martens as I stood to quickly apply a fine line of eyeliner to my top lids after I covered my face in foundation. Mascara was placed on after the curling of my eyelashes and the staining of my lips. My hair remained down to air dry into its light waves that curled at the ends.

I walked back into the room to see the time reading 4:40am. I looked at the sleeping figure wrapped in the duvet as I began placing all my washed clothes inside my suitcase, I decided to take Ashton's Teenage Dirtbag sweater as well. He wouldnt miss it too much. 

After making sure all items that belonged to me were inside my bag I went out to the kitchen where I found a notepad and a pen. I began writing my little note to Ashton for him to read when he wakes up. 

Dear Ashton,

     By the time you wake up, I will not be by your side. For I will already be halfway home on my flight. I didnt have the heart to wake you up because it would hurt too much to physically say goodbye face to face. So I decided upon saying goodbye in the similar styles that you have. 

I want to thank you for flying me up here Ashton. It has been amazing, and I honestly want to say it was good for me. I dont know how I could thank you for this but you've been so good to me. So kind. So generous and caring and loving. It makes us seem as if Im a girlfriend flying home and wont see you for a while. I guess that is how it will be but excluding the girlfriend portion. 

Thank you for telling me all that you have during this trip, the way you felt my thighs, more like my scars and reminders that I grow to hate daily but cannot stop. You loved every bit of them, reminding my mind that I was still beautiful no matter what. I cant believe that but I appreciate the gesture of the matter. 

I hope you have a fantastic time touring and I know within the next 2 weeks, we wont gain much contact. I have dance meetings and performances. You have shows and interviews. But this trip was fun. Thank you for everything Ashton. 

                                                     Much love, Brin x

I tore my eyes from the paper which held light tears as I tore it from the notepad quietly and set it on my pillow as I stuffed my phone in my pocket and grabbed my small side bag that I would bring on board with me. 

With my suitcase in hand and one last glance to Ashton, I headed off for the airport.

---

I got off the plane to where my father awaited, it already being 11am here. I gave him my luggage as he shoved it in the back of the car and told me to get inside. I followed orders and got in, my father driving to this meeting as soon as possible. "This meeting is to be the opening act for a big dance show. These people can get you into being a Rockette, Brinley. Something you have dreamed of since you were a little girl. I need you to not mess this up. This is big and this meeting with these people mean a lot. The Rockettes and other dance company's will perform, but you will be the opening act. Everyone remembers the opening and closing acts. Seeing as the Rockettes are the closing." my father rambled on about what was approaching with this show.

I knew in fact I would be nervous if I was chosen as the opening act. It would mean everything to me, to even meet the Rockettes would make me shake because they were the goddesses for New York, our girls that gave a good name to the city we live in.

We pulled up to the building where I had been before, but we would be in a different room, a more high ranged room as my father called it. 

I followed his lead inside, greeting everyone casually as they gave a simple hello or good morning. Inside the room held the group of people I have previously met, plus 3 others. 

Charles, Wilson, Caroline, Ford, Ashlan. I gave them a pleasant greeting as I introduced myself properly to the 3 unfamiliar faces. 

"Hello, my name is Brinley Rose. It is a great pleasure to meet you all." I said, shaking their warm hands with my frozen one. My apologies. It is cold in New York. 

"Brinley, Matthew, let us introduce the founders and organizers of this big even happening which includes big name dancers. From left to right we have the president, Joan Rees. Vice president, Cameron Tohal. And lastly, the executive producer Martha LeVoa. These will be the three who determine your fate of this opening act." Wilson instructed. 

I looked to Joan, "We have watched your video of your closing performance of the show put on by this company Brinley, and to say we are very impressed with such dance quality and your age in life. This is big and it fascinates me to be honest." she told me as an ipad mini sat in front of her. 

"The factor of this though, is you need to give us three a audition solo to see if this opportunity is worth it. Ashlan will obviously help you on certain portions if needed but we need this choreography to be 100% you. To show us who you truly are through the emotions held and drawn out from your movements." Cameron spoke in a masculine tone, very assertive. 

I gave a nod, allowing my understanding to be made. "We will see you in 3 days in the dance studio at the top floor for your judging. Good luck to you." Martha told me before discussing a few other details and dismissing us. 

Ashton

I woke up around 9am, feeling around for Brinley. When she wasnt in my presence I felt the crinkling of a piece of paper and realize it was a letter. 

I sat up as I rubbed my eyes, to gain a clearer view of what I was to read, I pulled out my glasses and slid them on as my eyes scanned the note. It was a goodbye letter just like the one I had written her. 

I sighed and pulled myself out of bed, knowing she was right. We both had big events coming up and there wasnt much either of us could do and it was complicated to try and talk with busy schedules. I walked over to my suitcase to see she had taken my sweater with her, I smiled to myself seeing as I was perfectly okay with it as I threw on some black skinny jeans, a band tee, and my usual jacket I wore to cover up and threw my red beanie on my mess of curls.

I slipped on my vans and grabbed my phone as I left the hotel room to greet the boys in the dining area where they were seated for breakfast, apparently just arriving maybe 10 minutes before me and had already ordered me a coffee. 

I silently thanked them. "So lads, we have an album coming up." Calum was the first one to say anything big as smiles broke out among our faces, how would we be able to handle a tour of our own? I dont have a thought in mind about it but I knew it would be great, the fans we've gained over this tour with One Direction has given us such hope and gratitude. 

I felt my phone vibrate against my thigh as it rested there while I spoke to the boys. I looked down to see it was Brinley with a text message next to it. 

Hi Ash, I hope you're having a great morning x. - Brin