Chapter 2

I woke up to the sun glistening on my face, the weekend pouring through.

I sat up and checked my phone, no messages. It's not like I had any close friends. My bestfriend killed herself last year so I cant do much anymore. 

I looked at my bedside table to where me and her had our last picture. 

She was a year older than me, and we were infront of the Hollywood sign on our summer trip where we were jumping in the air. I had on a gray top and black shorts with converse while she had a white top, black shorts and combat boots. 

I felt the tears prick my eyes but I held them back.

I got out of bed and walked over to the bathroom, I looked in the mirror, my hair sticking up at numerous places. 

I rubbed my face as if it'd magically go normal. 

Yeah, I was wrong. 

I turned the faucet on and splashed some water on my face, blocking out the memories of coming to see my bestfriend dead in a tub full of her own blood.

I choked my tears back and sat on the bathroom floor, rummaging through the cabinets, trying to find something, but after about 5 minutes I gave up.

I walked out of the bathroom after brushing my teeth and went to my bedroom. I changed into semi -see-through black tights with small black dots on them.

I paired that up with my off pink skirt from brandy melville, I then slid on my floral bustier from brandy as well and then an off the shoulder cream white rop top and tucked the front in slightly.

I sat on my bed, sliding my brown ankle boot thing and laced them. 

I looked at myself in the mirror, my legs thinning but it's a good thing I buy new wardrobe when I lose a big chunk of weight.

I sat at my duvet and managed to brush out the mane that I call hair til it fell smoothly over my shoulders. 

I left it down, not doing anything to it. 

I only added a light amount of mascara to my lashed and a tiny bit of powder to not become oily.

I finished and grabbed my phone, leaving my bedroom and going downstairs. 

I was thankful for my skirt being short but long enough to cover some of the scar peeking out from the top of the tights due to my cuts.

I saw a note on the counter, I picked it up, reading it carefully.

Brinley,

We know you'll be waking up late. You have no dance today, so you're free to do what you wish. We left 3000 dollars in the usual place. We will be home late, so you'll have to cook for yourself. 

-Mom and Dad

I left the note where it was and went over to the small cabinet holding the spices and opened a little slide on the side of it and pulled out the money my parents left me.

I grabbed my purse on the way out, putting the money in my wallet and walked out of the loft, locking it and riding the elevator down to the main floor.

I walked into the chilly air and down the busy New York street and down to the usual coffee shop I went to. 

I knew not to cut my wrists because is the hardest place to hide something.

I finally made it to the coffee shop but there were people screaming from the outside, and I knew I couldnt get in.

I went in from the back, thankful I was friends with the people who worked here.