Chapter 37

I put on my outfit for the day, black skinny jeans with a red and white baseball tee and black vans. My hair in a messy ponytail with no makeup as I walked down to the bakery to help them all work. 

I watched as the lace was packed due to the boys still being here, and honestly I wanted them to go away for a bit. Just to calm everything down. Maybe they just need to go home? I dont know. 

I grabbed an apron and hugged Riley as I greeted her downstairs along with Anna. I looked at all the pastries and small breakfast meals everyone had in their hands. It made me feel like gagging. I took a deep breath and ignored the aroma of food and began helping them serve the hundreds of customers that could not fit inside this small shop. 

Ashton

"Hey mate, I think we're going home tomorrow." Michael told Calum which caught my attention. That's right.

We havent been home in a while and I miss my family. "What about Brinley?" Luke asked, I didnt know what to say. I know we cant bring her along, because we just simply cant. "We need to tell her." I spoke up and the boys were all surprised by my response.

I looked around at the fans just talking and eating. They all seemed so happy, until I looked to the counter and saw Brinley literally struggling not to barf due to the food smells. Just getting out of the hospital and she has to experience that, especially seeing how the bruises on her neck and cheeks are visible it makes me even more cautious of her. 

"Oh my god, look at her. I wonder what happened."

"I dont think any of 5SOS would date her, I mean she looks like she has enough going on already." 

"Maybe an abusive boyfriend?" 

"She's too skinny, I mean she physically looks unhealthy, she's anorexic. No one would want her in the first place."

"What a sad day for her, she looks miserable." 

I couldnt handle it, I quickly got up from my chair and walked over to Brinley and yanked her upstairs. She stumbled slightly but easily managed to regain balance. 

"What is up with you?" she asked me, looking past me and to the cream wall color. "I heard people talking terrible things about you and I just wanted to get out of there as quickly as possible, but I wouldnt leave without you." I told her. 

She hesitated a moment before taking my hand and bringing me into her room and onto the porch. 

Brinley

(please play [One and Only by Adele] now x )

I sat infront of Ashton, watching him run his fingers through his hair gently. "We're leaving back home tomorrow." he spoke up quietly, and I could tell it pained him to leave me. 

All because of my amnesia. I took his hands in mine running my fingers over his knuckles 

"Ashton, you've been here for a bit. And I dont want you to be away from your family because of me, and I know that you're all worried about me. But I'll be fine. I have to be fine." I took a second to pause.

"I need to learn how to be fine, to be strong because I need to realize that you all arent always going to be here to save me, to hold my hand in my battle against the world. Yes, I appreciate you all so much, especially you. I dont know what I've felt for you but it must've been something seeing how you act towards me. I dont know what we've been through but Im glad they were with you." 

"Ash, I dont know when my memory will come back. Hell, I dont know if it will even come back. But all I can do is wait. That's all I've ever done is wait. I waited for a sign to save me, you guys were that sign Im guessing." I felt my eyes sting a bit and my voice begin to clog up slightly. 

"You arent just a friend or someone I know.. You guys are my family. And you Ashton-" I ran a hand gently along his cheek line and jaw "You will be the one who holds my heart no matter what my memory says and no matter whether I hate or love you, you are keeping my heart." I spoke as a tear ran down my face as he wiped it away. 

He looked at me, as if I was the most delicate thing in the world, only giving me the small opportunity to see that he as well, was crying.

"I will miss you.. So much, and the time zones are different. I know the past is hard, and the days are long but dammit Brinley. I want to be your one and only, for me to be able to hold you in my arms, to take you home to my family and introduce you as the love of my life." he took a deep breath, "but I wont do it until you are sure of your feelings. Traveling across the country is one thing, but across the world is completely different and I wont put you through something as stressful as that." 

"You make me feel things that I never thought I would have to. I used to self harm Brin, and I've been strong. And seeing you this way makes me never want to imagine that for either of us, ever again. I want to make you better, just like you've kept me strong. Im with you til the end." he paused as he cupped my face in his hands, "I love you Brinley, and I will never stop." 

~

I stood at the entry gates, in Ashton's sweater and a pair of leggings and vans. We were waiting along for the plane that all of us was hoping would never come. 

I brought in all the boys for one big group hug as I allowed the tears to freely flow from my face and I didnt want them to leave, but they had to. 

"Please, stay strong for us.Luke whispered in my ear.

"We will be back, really soon. I promise." Michael told me softly.

"Dont give up." Calum made me promise, I just nodded along before looking at Ashton. This boy that I had no clue as to who he was the second I saw him in that hospital room but seems to have a very important role in my life. 

A role that is his alone, and I would never even dream on changing for anything in the world. He was my rock without myself even knowing it. He was the thing that kept me grounded. 

I hugged him tightly, silently, just holding this boy I held no memories for. I released his hold once his plane was being called. He left a simple kiss on my forehead before leaving me and Riley as they all left waving back at us with sad faces.

Once the terminal closed, I fell to the floor. A massive migraine taking over, my body aching and I felt like something was exploding in my body. The room was spinning and black and white flashes were going on everywhere. I didnt know what was happening. 

"GET HER TO THE HOSPITAL."

"Dont tell the boys, they need to go home."

"We'll tell them when we figure out what's wrong." 

I tried listening further into the conversation but within seconds, I blacked out feelings everything go numb inside and outside of me.