Chapter 31

Ashton's POV

A beeping pulled me out of my tired state as I looked at Brinley's heart monitor. It was dropping, quickly. I ran out the room immediately, yelling for the doctors and nurses, all of them running this way rather quickly. I was excluded from the room as they began to perform whatever tests that were to be happening. 

Anna came to me with Riley and Luke as they asked what was going on, "Her heart. It's stopping." I choked as Riley literally went pale. Her body frozen in the blink of an eye. 

She was falling apart completely.

"Take her to the cafeteria." I instructed Luke as Anna stayed with me. 

She sat next to me on the floor, directly infront of the door as nurses ran in and out. "Do you think she'll live?" I asked honestly. I felt so empty, like my heart had shattered. 

An arm engulfed me into a hug as I knew the tears were already pouring out of my eyes, "I dont know sweetheart. But, Brinley is strong. She is stronger than you think.." Anna told me as she pulled away. "Want to know something?" she asked, obviously I did. 

"When Channing had passed away, at the funeral, Brinley did not shed one tear. She didnt speak to anyone, she didnt look at anyone. It was as if she was walking in a black hole, somewhere she couldnt escape from. As soon as the funeral ended, and people started to leave she walked out the back doors of the church and literally ran into the woods behind it. 

The only thing anyone heard were loud screams, the only words being able to really be put together was whychanning, and enough. She broke that day, that was the day that Brinley had officially lost it. She had completely transformed her image and it became distorted. She wasnt who she was once before. She was lost. And no one could save her." she trailed off. 

I sat there in shock, just staring at the plain white door that remained closed. "I need air." 

Brinley POV

I couldnt breath, smoke was closing up my lungs as the vast space of nothing became to small to move in. My chest ached to a point where it hurt to move. 

What was happening. Why is this happening to me? If Im already gone why am I feeling all this pain. 

I rubbed my eyes, seeing a spec of light. It was tiny, but you can see it. I tried crawling my through the tiny space given, but my lungs barely in took the bad air that would result in a bit of survival. I was ready to give up. 

I lied on the floor, trying to breathe as I closed my eyes, waiting for the darkness to overcome me. 

"Come on.." a voice choked out. I looked up to see the light spec going insane. 

I knew I was seeing things, I just knew it. "Brinley, open your eyes and crawl." the voice was hoarse. It was undetermined, and I couldnt make it out. 

My breathing faltered for a drastic moment before I could open my eyes and attempt a crawl in the direction of the light. I had no idea as to where my slowness was being led to. I was feeling so small. So closed in. 

"You cant leave too..." the voice became a bit clearer and I could hear that it was a girl, but I had no idea who it was exactly. My surroundings became darker, and the smoke was engulfing my body. I lied on the floor, tired from trying. 

"You're almost there, please.." 

I tired moving more, my crawls leading more pain to my body, the choking sounds that vanished into the air from my coughs ached my chest. I saw little light as I continued crawling until an opening of gold appeared. There were hues of gold, and purple, and pink. Blues and violets. I stopped moving at my waistline as I knew I was done.