Chapter 6.

I woke up to the sound of my father banging on my bedroom door. I had meetings with him today for my dancing. He wanted me to get big, while all I wanted to do was just sleep. 

I sat up and rubbed my eyes, wincing as my finger brushed against my fully bruised cheek and I felt my arm become numb. 

I walked into my closet and quickly changed, knowing my father hated waiting.

"YOU BETTER DRESS NICELY." he hollered, I rolled my eyes as I continued searching through my wardrobe.

I pulled on my skin tight wine colored skinny jeans. I breathed slightly, cringing as the material rubbed and clung to my new cuts. I wore my black Jeanne Blush Emmy Lace Top that puffed out at mid stomach. I slipped the cream white cardigan onto my upper body and slipped my feet into my khaki colored suede wedge booties.

I walked out of the closet and to my vanity where I observed my face. The hues of blues, greens, and purples ran from my jaw to my cheek bone. 

I let my eyes water some as I began to fully cover it up with concealer, BB Cream, and a foundation setter. I ran my felt tip eyeliner along my lash line, then used the eyelash curler and mascara to finish it off. 

I applied a light layer of lip gloss before grabbing the matching wine colored infinity scarf, wraping it around my neck. I pulled my hair into a messy sock bun with braids within it. 

I grabbed my phone and purse and left my bedroom, fending downstairs to see my father pulling on his suit jacket. "Are you ready Brinley?" he asked calmly. I nodded and we left the loft.

My father dragged me out to where his sleek black Mercedes rested, I sat inside the passenger seat, making sure not to scuff anything in his car. 

He swiftly got inside and pulled out while buckling his seat belt with one hand, my heart stammered in my chest as I felt like everything was spiraling. 

It could be the lack of nutrients, or the amount of blood loss yesterday. Either way I didnt feel so hot. 

"Here, drink some water." dad said while shoving a water bottle in my face. 

I quickly chugged it down, finishing it in less than 2 minutes. 

I searched through my phone and went into my messages. I clicked on Ashton's name thinking of sending him a text message. But looking at it being 6:53am, I decided against it.

Soon enough we pulled up into a lot full of cars, why are people awake at this time on a sunday. 

I got out, following my father's footsteps inside the tall building. The area inside smelt like floor wax mixed with lemon and it bothered my senses. 

"Stay quiet." dad murmured as he greeted a group of people in an office. 

Male- Charles. Male- Wilson. Female- Caroline. Male- Ford. Female- Ashlan.

"Hello everyone, this is my daughter Brinley. My golden child." he lied through his teeth. A chorus of hello's flew across the room. I nodded my head, acknowledging them all. 

"So, lets get straight to the point shall we?" Wilson started up. Gaining an approving nod from everyone. 

"Ok, Matthew" Wilson spoke, adverting his attention to my father, "Your daughter has talent, there is no doubt about it. So, yes we would like to sign her to our company for tours, commercials, shows, you name it. But, we did see her performance where she forgot her routine. We need assurance that, that will not occur again."  

I saw dad's breath hitch as his hands held the table slightly rougher. "This means, we will set up a small show. Any dancer can come and perform. But Ms. Brinley here, she will be our closing act. So she better not mess this up, and the choreography will be provided by Ashlan Tomm here." while her eyes shifted to me, I felt my body tense up.

"Brinley, you have 3 days to learn this choreography. Dont screw this up." Caroline told me. I responded with a nod. 

After another hour of discussing, my dad and I left. He was kind enough to drop me off at the coffee shop. I got out and walked inside, "Brinley!!" Anna yelled and came over quickly to hug me. 

"Tea? Nuts? Muffin? Can I get you anything dear?" she asked. 

"Uh, water and 3 nuts.." I spoke softly. Her eyes faltered but she nodded and went to get my order. 

I sat in my usual spot in the coffee shop, where at the moment it was rather busy because it was around 8am and a sunday which were the busiest days. 

Anna came over and sat my order infront of me, "Channing wouldnt be proud yknow.. She would want you to be happy.." Anna spoke gently before leaving to go help other customers. 

I looked down to the 3 nuts infront of me. I left $5 on the table and left without touching my water or nuts. 

I walked down the streets of New York, finding my way to my private studio. I entered the alleyway and opened the door and walked inside the warm room.

I listened as the heels of my shoes clacked against the wood. I set my phone on the dock and took my shoes off rather quickly, I opened the locker in here and pulled out my black tights so they could cover the cuts on my battered thighs. I took out my black Nike Pros as well and my white sports bra with a loose wine colored cropped long sleeve. 

I changed within a matter of 5 minutes and sat on the floor, pulling on my sole ballet shoes. 

I turned on my music and began stretching my body out on the hard wood floor. After the feeling of being warmed up, I stood in the middle of the room looking in the mirror.

I heard the door creak open and I heard it shut, I quickly turned around seeing Ashton. 

"Wha-" my mouth dropped open, "How. How did you get here?" I asked, obviously shocked at how he found this place. 

"The address is in the mirror.." he trailed off, pointing to the reflection in the mirror showing the address placed on the wall. 

I just nodded and stood in where I was before. I just stared at myself in the mirror as Skinny Love covered by Birdy played throughout the room. 

Ashton walked behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist lightly. "I told you to be fine-" he whispered in my ear, singing gently. 

I gulped slightly. "I know what you do Brinley.." he choked up slightly. "I- I dont want you to continue doing it.. Please.." he choked. 

I just turned around and wrapped my arms around his neck, standing on my toes to hug him tightly to me.

"I cant stop.." I whispered in his ear, squeezing my eyes shut to prevent the tears from flowing down my cheeks. 

My legs began aching from being on my toes and the cuts were straining. I lowered myself so I was standing normally. I looked up at Ashton, his eyes glossy probably along with my own eyes.

He took my small hand in his big, rough one due to drumming. He ran his thumb along my hand as he sat us down on the floor, the constant movement of my legs is beginning to pain them. 

"Will you tell me?" he asked. "No." I told him softly.