Chapter 2 - My Best Friend

My best friend is Harry Styles. He has been there for me no matter what happens. I remember third grade when i met him, he was in the back of the class room reading a book, may i say he was holding it upside down. I noticed no one paid attention to him. One day Mrs. Lake told us to find a reading partner and everyone was already paired up but me and him. I walked back to his desk and took a seat beside him. he didn't say anything at first until being the friendly person i was i decided to speak up.

"Hi" i said sounding cheery.

He turned to look at me and then faced the front not even saying anything, his face had no emotion on it.

"What's your name?" i asked. He stayed silent. "I'm London" I say leaning closer to him.

He turned and looked at me as a smile grew across his face. He kept eye contact until he busted out into laughter.

"London?" he asked. "Like London, England?"

I looked at him puzzled, before i started to nod.

"That's funny" he says, finally talking.

"How is that funny?" i ask, crossing my little arms across my chest.

"Because you live in England and your name is London" he says laughing again.

I couldn't help but laugh along with him. We laughed louder and louder until Mrs. Lake told us to quiet down.

"Since you know my name, what's yours?"

"Harry....Harry Styles" He says smiling wider at me.

After laughing so hard and talking about things we liked and disliked, I knew from that day on Harry would be my best friend and I his.

- Present Day - 

I sit waiting for Harry to pick me up after class, like he does every Friday, but for some odd reason he is late.  I look at the time on my phone and its 5:30, i got out of class one hour and twenty minutes ago.  As i decided on calling him, i see his black car pull up in front of the building.  i walk towards the vehicle as he gets out and rushes to me. 

"Lon, I'm sorry i had some things to do and i didn't realize what time it was" he says in a frantic voice. 

"Harry, it's fine" i reassure him. 

'No it's not i let you down, seems i do that a lot anymore" he says as he hangs his head. 

My mind races back to the day i came home to find him and my mom on the couch sucking each other's faces.  I shiver at the memory, i tried my best to forget. 

"It's fine" I say walking past him, and opening the passenger side door. 

As i set pondering the thought i tried so hard to forget, but its has always bugged me that my mom could get anyone wrapped around her stubby fingers.  I know down i wish i was just like her, but seeing how she has a different guy over every week i decide it's best i stay my awkward self.  As is set in the passenger side waiting for him to get in the car.  I look to my right and see him pacing back and forth while talking on the phone.  He seems aggravated as the other person on the other end doesn't seem to comprehend what he is saying.  I open my door a little to see if i can hear what he is saying.  His emerald eyes dart towards me and he ends his conversation.  

"So you're not mad?" he as, as he gets in the car and buckles up before starting the engine. 

"No, i told you it was fine."

I keep my eyes focused on the window and my surroundings, i glance over and see him glaring at me. 

"What?" I ask, feeling flushed at his gaze.