30: Sometimes, When You Get The Unexpected

Diamond POV

   "Quit smilin' "
  "Am not". Taffy glared at me silently.
  "Okay fine, am just happy coz I mean who wouldn't? Spendin' time with Miss Ramony was GREAT!"  I felt like shoutin' it all out.
  "You've got that right. I mean look at the stuffs she bought even when we wouldn't accept. She's got taste."

She had bought tons of clothes, perfumes, shoes, bags...I mean a whole lot that I've never had in years. It was actually ma first time visitin' a Victoria Secret store and the prizes was more than a blood tonic. I haven't gone shoppin' since dad died. Just used to wearin' hand me downs from mom, dad's old jumpers and shirts and some clothes Freya bought for me whiles they were here.

So she changin' my wardrobe means a lot to me. A LOT! Coz she even shopped for my baby.

  "Mommy, I love the necklace. Can I wear it now?" Akiylah showed me some golden simple necklace that had the first letter of her name. It is beautiful.
  "Oh darlin' its beautiful. Sure you can. Come here, lemme put in on for you". After fixin' it it looked beautiful around her neck.

  "You look beautiful honey". I kissed her temple.
  "Miss Ramony is a very nice person. Am glad she could spend time with people like us". I said almost in tears as I checked out the pictures we took together.
  "Am glad you enjoyed yourself. It did you good. I can see the sparkles in your eyes are returnin'." Taffy said.

  "Well, as much as it did much good to me, Tana felt happy. Am glad she's overcome her sadness".
  "Yeah, she told. Some niggas huh?" I could feel some slight anger in her.
  "Yh. Ion know how it feels lovin' someone buh he's in love with someone else buh I..." Taffy cut in smirkin'
  "Seriously, you don't know. Hm!"

I raised a questionable brow at her.
  "What are talkin' 'bout?"
  "Nun much. I just wanna say...a gurl blushes whenever she sees that boy even though he's in a relationship. Like..." I cut in not knowin' if I should be angry or not.
  "Don't chu dare say Leslie". She gasped laughin'
  "You just said it yourself! Hmmm, so finally you gon' go out with him?" She asked smilin' and wigglin' her brows.

   "Shut up Taf!" I threw my rag at her buh she laughed dodging it. I know she just teasin' me.
  "Am all done here Daya. See tomorrow". Samantha came out ready to go.
  "Okay Sammy. Bye and thanks".
  "Nerrh, its my job. Bye Akiylah" she kissed her and waved at us.

  "I think we done. Come on, let's go home". Taffy said yawning. We soon locked up and got to the bus station. Luckily, we got the early bus.
  "You know, I think Sam is seein' Prescott". Taffy gossiped and I was shock.

  "The chef?"
  "Mh-hm. I've been watchin' closely". I rolled my eyes laughing.
  "So now, you matchmaking our staffs".
  "Duh? Its coz I've been seein' them. The last time I almost caught them kissin' in my kitchen. Can yo' believe that? Now that is unprofessional! The next time imma see them, it ain't gon' go down well with them salaries".

I laugh hard at the way she was behavin' like a boss.
  "Aye boss lady". I teased salutin'.
  "I can't take shitty romance in my diner. Even you Daya". She accused pretendin' to be serious.
  "Me?"
  "Yeah sissy, the way Leslie been glancin' at chu. It ain't cool. If he catchin' feelings nigga better..." I cut slowly.

  "Can we please drop this borin' subject? And please language. Ion want ma baby sayin' stuff like her matchmaking aunt". I said cuddlin' Akiylah who was gigglin' at Taffy's bossy attitude.

For the rest of the journey home, Taffy kept sayin' interesting things. Thank God she had already dropped the Leslie thang. It wasn't goin' well with me.

  "Finally, we home. I am sooooo hella hungry. Ain't got nothing in the fridge?" I smiled bringin' out a pizza outta ma bag
  "Oh Daya, have I ever told how lovely you look today? Gurl, you rockin'..." I know she was playin' her way to get the pizza.
  "You can share with Akiylah. Am okay". I could see her eyes lighten up.

  "Oh, you know I'd gladly share with chu. Am nah that hungry just..." I glared at her.
  "Seriously Taf?" She laugh takin' her seat on the cabinet ready to kill the pizza with Akiylah.
  "I'd get chu guys some juice". As I opened the fridge, I heard the door open.

It was mama.

  "Alright, am home. I'll call you back baby." She just hanged up from her phone and I just badly wish she'd go upstairs and nah come down till tomorrow.
  "Someone looks happy". Taffy spoke out rigidly. I brought out the juice buh nah lookin' up at her. Am just gon' take Akiylah and her pizza upstairs to avoid any chaos.

  "Hey fatty! You gon' drink all of that?! No wonder your behind's just gettin' saggy everyday. I'll tell you a secret. You stand to miss a few meals around coz..."
  "That's enough mama!'' Taffy snapped out angrily.
  "Whatever. Am just gonna go to bed coz y'all make me sick. I just wish..." She stopped when she caught Taffy's angry glare.

  "Hm!" She scoffed feelin' irritated. She drew out her cigarette, light it up and got to her usual business. Not forgettin' her vodka. Thankfully, she was goin' upstairs.
  "Oh, before I forget, Frank would be movin' in with us."

My heart sank.

  "WHAT?!"  I yelled out in shock buh she just laughed.
  "Got a pro hippo? If ain't down with that, then I bet you better look for a place...unless, you got no place to fit in your fat ass and bastard of a cargo, you gon' leave here with him whether you like it or not." She smirked
  "But mama you can nah let that creep in here..." Taffy cried out angrily.

  "I demand you respect Frank coz he been payin' bills and helpin' me all ma damn life. Even yours to fatty. He would be comin' tomorrow so y'all better show some damn respect". She spoke through gritted and stomped upstairs.

I gasped with tears in ma eyes slidin' down the fridge.
  "He's comin' Taffy...he's comin' back to take Akiylah and me". Right now, I was scared and shakin' hard. With him livin' here, am sure he'd try to...to...AARGH!GOD!
  "No Daya, he's nah gonna take Akiylah".
  "You don't understand Taffy. He came here the other time, tellin' me all kinda rubbish 'bout how he loves and wants me and my baby". I explained.

  "He said he's never gon' let go of me Taffy... Am scared. He's gonna hurt me again." I cried harder.
  "Mommy". I heard Akiylah call out obviously scared too. I wrapped her in my arms wantin' nah to let go.

All ma life, she's been my source of livin'. Keepin' me goin' and each time I see her smile, I get the hope everything's hon' be alright. Buh now that bastard is gonna live here, he might try and hurt her and me or even do worse. How I wish I could move out buh I've got nowhere to go to...

  "Oh Taffy, what am I gonna do?" I cried.
  "Come here". She knelt beside me already in tears and hugged me as I cried in her arms harder. I thought my life would be at peace with him gone away, buh I guess...

Sometimes, you get the unexpected.

Yo fella! Seems Frank the jerk is comin' home.
I wanna ask this question though.

What would it be like to live to with the man who raped you and soiled your dignity with no hope you can get away from him? :-(

Well, as for Diamond, we gon' find out in the next chapter.

Keep up if you're enjoying and don't forget to voting and comment.

As always, Luv y'all.;-*