54: Gettin' close...Wayyyy tooo close.

Diamond POV ( Leslie in MM)

   "You look exhausted Daya, you need rest". Ruby said and she was right.

As much as I love what am doin', its pretty involves workin' a lot. Combinin' college and work wasn't easy especially if you've gotta do school's project as well as work on your project.

So far so good, Miss Perroni's dress is on course and I am lovin' the look. I know she gon' love this dress. Even that, I've gotta do three projects at school and my time is so freakin' short.

I now understand Miss Ramony's plight. Lately, she's just got this fashion show she gotta attend in Miami then to New York - LA from there, she's in Paris for a runway show and then back to LA for Mrs. Perkin's foundation.

Well, we all are gon' be there.

Buh she's gon be in a hell of work and so am I because she left the whole company in my hands so you could imagine. Thank God for Ruby.

  "I know Ruby buh I've gotta finish up." I massaged the bridge of my nose needin' some rest and so did Ruby coz she's got eye bags. The industry has become busy as hell with celebrities placin' orders for Ramony's designs.

Can't blame her tho. Coz she good.

  "What time is it?" I asked Ruby who joined me by my desk.
  "Its 9pm gurl and that's my que to get the hell outta here and so do you. Come on, getcho fine black ass up. We goin' home."

She glared at me nah givin' me a chance to give a negative answer.

  "Alright. Imma just pack up and we head out."
  "Lemme give a hand". As soon as I got up, my stomach grumbled.
Holy macaroni! Am starvin'.

  "Whoa, you finna need to eat up a whole lamb to get satisfied. When was the last time food visited that chamber of yours?" I chuckled at her funny words.

  "Since mornin'... Honestly, I can't quite remember".
  "You bein' to hard on yourself Daya. You needa rest. Maxi one. Tomorrow is Saturday and you gettin' it." She ordered and chuckled. Buh she right.

Just then, I remembered.
  "I think I know how we could take the day off." Ruby quickly stared up lookin' excited already. She loves to hangout and imma nah lie coz she fun to be with.

  "Yea?"
  "Yup. Me and the gurls are joinin' them niggas at the court coz they havin' practice buh its gon' be some kinda game. You mind..."
  "Of course!
She giggled and blushin' hard.

I think I understand. After spendin' sometime with Rayden nigga at that party, I think she likes him.

  "What?" She asked maskin' her delightness.
  "Nun, just Rayden isnt gon' be there'' I teased her.
  "Oh". There was disappointment noted in her voice. I giggled.
  "Am just playin' around. Nigga is sure gon' be around and I bet he can't wait to see you".

  "Really?" She squeaked happily. I laughed.
  "Yea, I think he likes you''
  "You...think?"
  "Mh-hm". And that's true coz nigga has been pressurin' ma ass like for ages for Ruby's number buh I want her to do it herself.

  "And I hope Leslie is gon' be there". Suddenly, my throat went dry and my heart began to pound. My hands were sweaty. Cold sweat broke down my spine. I gave a stiff smile to mask my sudden change.

Why the hell am I gettin' nervous.

  "Oooohh, ole gurl is gettin' sweaty at the mention of nigga's name". She teased me.
  "Oh shut up Ruby. Come on let's go". She laugh hard trailing behind me.