John Entwistle #5

Request for @petes-nose 💓

Imagine laying on the couch, stuck inside because of stormy weather. John was still not back from rehearsal and you were dying of boredom. You stood up and went towards your records to see if you had anything interesting to listen to. You shuffled through your various albums, pulling one out to contemplate it every now and then, but ultimately put it back with a sigh.

"Having trouble?" You heard behind you, causing you to jump.

You then heard his familiar laugh and turned around to see him smiling down at you. He rested his hands on your waist, laughing as you let out a relieved sigh.

"Jeez, John, you nearly scared me to death," you said as you rested your hand on your chest to feel it pounding from shock.

"I couldn't help myself," he said through giggles.

You shook your head with a smile and pushed past him.

"Have I upset you?" He asked with a smirk; he knew you couldn't stay mad at him.

You twirled back around and squinted at him with a smile visibly playing on your lips.

"I'll take that as a no," he teased before he turned around to sift through the records himself, "ah, here we go."

He placed a Beatles record on the turn table and 'And I Love Her' began to ring through the house. He turned around to see you with an 'aw' expression on your face. He let out a laugh and walked towards you.

"May I have this dance?" He said as he bowed and then took your hand in his so he could place his lips to the top of it.

"How could I resist?" You teased back.

He placed his hands on your waist and you draped your arms around his neck, letting your head rest on his shoulder. You sighed, relaxed as he swayed to the soft tune of the song while the rain quietly fell outside. He let his hands slide so that his arms wrapped around you and held you close.

"This is perfect," you breathed.

You felt his chest vibrate as he let out that little laugh of his, "So are you, love."

You laughed and rolled your eyes, but you kept your head on his chest, too comfortable to move.

"It's true," he said in a soft voice.

You felt yourself blushing and getting giddy like it was the first time he'd ever complimented you. A smile slowly formed on your face as you closed your eyes.

"I love you, John."

"I love you too, (y/n)," he said before he placed a kiss to the top of your head.

The song came to an end, but you both continued swaying along to the sound of rain falling and the soft sounds of breathing from each other.