Chapter 29

*Warning: If you are very much against the idea of gore, whether is it a little or a lot, please read with caution. I do not wish for someone to be triggered by my writing. I will put an asterisk (*) where it starts and where it ends if you wish to not read it. With that being stated, please enjoy and read at your own risk. Thank you.*

It has been a couple of days since I heard the recording from the box that's held inside of the plushie. I couldn't put my finger on who it was or what they meant with saying it'll go terribly. I mentally sigh and get up from the bed and head to the stairs to hear a yell as my foot made contact with something soft. I looked at the ground, seeing the fox tumbling down the stairs. He screamed profanities that I would never say as he hit each stair. I couldn't help but just watch as he fell. I didn't bother helping him because he's soft and a toy. He couldn't get hurt whatsoever.

Once he hit the bottom floor, he made eye contact with me and started screaming again. He moved his stubby arm and then screamed about not having a middle finger. I roll my eyes and walk down the stairs and pick him up, then placed him on the counter. The house was silent, the only thing you could hear was the birds chirping outside the window. The ticking of the clocks had ceased because we never bothered changing the batteries or buying new ones.

Micah and Jack haven't been heard from in a day or so, but I didn't worry too much. Jack knows what he's doing and I just assume that Micah is with him. As for Tyler, I haven't spoken to him either. I just started to avoid everyone in the house.

"Emily, answer the door so they'll stop knocking," Dylan spoke up calmly, bringing me from the thoughts that floated around my head. "I would but I have no human body."

He did have a point.

Right as I come to the door, it swings open and Jack is there with something being dragged behind him. I just stood there, allowing him to drag in whatever he brought. As he pulled it in, I could see it was a woman. Her hair was matted, clothes were slightly torn, and she was obviously out cold. He shut the door and walked to the couch before falling down and left the body on the side of the couch. His hands went up to his hood and pulled it down then started to run his hands through his brown hair. It looked tangled but not as bad as the woman's.

I kept my eyes on him then headed over to the farthest side of the couch and took a seat on the armrest.

"You okay? I haven't seen you like this before," I slid down into the couch, bringing my knees to my chest. "Need me to take care of some things?"

He turned to face me, I still couldn't read him; whether he had the mask on or not, I always try to read him based on the aura he gave off but to avail, I never did have any luck. Even with this body language, I knew that he was tired, but something was amiss.

"I found your mother," He looked over to the body. "She fought like a bitch but I got her. She's hurt."

It didn't even shock me, I just raised an eyebrow and lean over to see her. I hummed and made my way to my feet, leaving the room.

"I need Cole back here then I can start. I'm not going to deal with anything else that's at hand. I'm getting ready if you want to come with me, Jack." I yell from the top of the stairs and then headed to my room to change and grab my equipment.

This place is no fun at all. At first, it was all fun. I made a few kills, found Dylan and Cole, and Jack found my mom, but I wanted to do something bigger. Kill something that would leave a statement but if I did that, we would have to leave or hide elsewhere in this town. Maybe it would be for the best to kill big, and end my families lives here. I still plan on going out with a bang.

Instead of leaving right after Jack came back, I waited for Jack to rest and see if he was still game to hunt with me. Hell, he didn't have to hunt if he didn't want to, I could just kill and he'll have a fest. Maybe I'll bring some kidneys home with me if he doesn't come with me and make a sandwich for him.