Chapter 30

You've lost yourself. Come back.

The voice spoke just above a whisper but no one was physically there speaking to me. I sat up against the wall that I was bound to, looking to see a woman who appeared dead but still chained to the wall. It was cold, almost unbearable. I didn't like it one bit, I wanted out. I wanted more bloodshed, more death, more crazy ideas.

I remember that I went completely crazy but forgetting the faces who I had seen just the other day; the people who I slaughtered, the person who brought me back here and bound me here. Just remembering the gruesome deaths and how well it was executed gave me chills, causing me to smile and drool a little.

"Emily," I snapped my head up from the ground to see the man in the mark. "How are you feeling today?"

A black hoodie, pieces of brown hair sticking out from the hood, and the blue mask with black liquid leaking from the eye sockets.

He kneeled down a little ways from me, placing a tray at my feet. I just watched his every move.

"Who are you calling Emily," I grit my teeth. "Let me out to do more art. Wouldn't that be swell?"

He placed his hands on knees and pushed to himself up then walked over to the table to lean against it. He seemed uninterested in me or with anything. He reminds me of a certain someone.

"I can't do that, Emily, you're unstable. You'd be too reckless and get caught again. I said that I wouldn't let that happen," He looked away and gazed at the woman beside me. "Do you know who she is?"

I twisted my face to hear that name. Emily. That's not me, I am not Emily. I can't even remember my own name. Who needs a man anyways when you just kill, over and over and over again? There's no point in sticking with one name-change it as many times as I please. I am one with many names; I am all and I am nothing.

"I said, who is Emily? And with that, I implied to stop calling me that fucking name," I jerked towards him, only to be held back, then slammed my back into the wall. "Why would you even ask me such a question, knowing that I don't know her or you?!"

I kept trying to lunged at the man, trying to beat him, kill him, eat him. I was sick of the same thing every day. I wanted something new, something different, and something foreign. He would be the type that would go nicely with-

Emily needs to come back. Being here is not a good place to be. You can't lash out now. Stay hidden.

"Ah! Shut up! Shut up, shut up, shut up. Shut the fuck up!" I screamed to the point of tears rolling down my face and spit flying from my mouth. I kept yanking on the chains to the point that my wrists were raw and starting to bleed.

"Look at yourself, you've lost it. You can't remember a thing. Not about me, your family, your friends, or even yourself. If you want, I can help you be better. What-"

"Be better? At killing right? That has to be what you mean! You were there yesterday when I killed them, you never called the cops. You're hiding me! Either you like me or have a plan with me. What is it-" Just as I cut him off, he cut me off with a hard smack on my face, causing me to stop.

I never noticed that he had made his way back over to me but he did, just to smack me. I met his mask, looking into the sockets of what seemed to be an abyss. It seemed just as cold as the room I'm in, if not colder.

As he was retracting his hand, I jerked forward, only to have that same hand grab my throat and slam me again the cold brick wall. All I could do was giggle and smile at him.

"This seems fun! Whatcha gonna do next," I bit my lip hard, trying to extract blood. "Oh please, oh please! Tell me or act it out! I'm always up for dying!"