Chapter 12

After that little event with the officers, I decided to stay out of sight. I did a great job at that. I assume someone had followed me and seen me throw a knife at Micah out of aggravation. Hitting him in the stomach, and blood pouring out. He simply pulled it out and sewed himself up, and treated it.

A few days after he did that, Jack came after me, trying to slit my throat. He had gone mad for sure, then again, it was Jack. Micah had to pull him off of me and stabbed him three times to get him to stay. All Jack did was pull knives out and healed on the spot. He disappeared that night.

For some odd reason, it seemed like the whole house was against each other. The next thing that happened to me was Micah trying to shoot me and almost decapitated my arm.

I guess the same person called the cops, took me and Micah away. Micah got locked up for thirty years, and I got placed in an asylum. That's me now, Emily Burns, a fifteen-year-old girl who committed over ten homicides, but now sixteen. Time has flown by, to me, time usually doesn't fly. Training and killing may have made time fly. There is no telling.

I sat there in the white room with the straight jacket on, just thinking about that damned trail.

~

At the trial, I kept telling them that Jack had talked to me back in '07, making me think it was okay to kill. Then when I came back, he was still there. Mama and Cole were there. Mama just cried silently, while Cole tried to tell them that I was telling the truth about Jack. Of course, we didn't have Officer Ned on our side, since Micah killed him. The other Graham officer didn't know anything about what his brother did at the time, of course, he told the courtroom I killed his nephew. Which I told the truth about killing the majority of the people they showed. Maybe I killed twelve people, I don't know, I had lost count.

My mother didn't say anything. By the time it ended, Micah was sentenced to jail, while I was sent to the asylum. The judge told me I could have so last words to mama, Cole and I talked to Micah. I made sure everyone in the courtroom heard me, loud and clear.

"Micah, it was a fun run for what we did. Maybe we could bust out, go somewhere else and carry on?" He smiled at me.

"Yes, let's." They grabbed him, yanking him along to another room.

"Cole," He looked at me. "Yeah, Emily?"

"Cole, I love you. Always will. Thank you." He started crying again, but I could see he mouthed 'I love you' back.

"And mother. Thank you for bringing me into this world. A world where a man came after me, then left, and you bringing me back here to have him still after me. Thank you." Officers came to me, trying to take me.

"I'm not done yet. Wanna know what Jack told me to do? He's been wanting me to kill you. I will kill you. No matter what, mother dear. I will kill you. I WILL MURDER YOUR FUCKING FAMILY! STARTING WITH YOU AND ENDING WITH ME. YOU BEST BE READY, YOU BITCH!" The officers had to yank me back, trying to get me out of the room. I stomped on both of the officer's foot and ran toward my mother, then started to walk towards her; I remembered when Jack snapped in a similar fashion.

"You've been warned you fucking bitch. Be ready to have your fucking princess after you, slut." I spat on her. All she did was sit silently, then smacked me hard across the face.

"You...you don't talk to your mother like that, you inconsiderate little brat!" I simply smiled and spoke in a demented-like voice.

"Good one, bitch. Be ready, though," And walked to the officer, letting them handle me and take me away, for what they think to be a lifetime.

~

Sitting in the middle of the room, glaring at the door until it opened. The voices came back.