Chapter One-Outcast

I looked around the furnished apartment. The furniture wasn't the nicest, but it would have to do. I didn't have a lot of money and this is the best apartment I could get. I was still tired from the move and I had to unpack all of my clothes. The apartment smelt kind of funny, like old wood, or like someone had set off a bonfire in the middle of the room.

Sighing, I proceeded to make my way to the room. I was glad that I was finally away from my Mum. I'm sure she hates my guts, for no reason at all. I do everything to try and make her proud, but she just sticks her nose up at me, like I'm worthless and unimportant to her.

It does hurt that she doesn't really care about me, but being away from her;I finally felt free from all the stress she piled on top of me. With exams, homework, or how I wasn't doing well enough in school to go to university. So I decided I had, had enough and began saving up for an apartment to buy. It took a while due to the little amount I was earning at the local coffee shop, but I got there in the end.

And now I'm here. In a small apartment, right in the heart of London. I've already got a job, believe it or not. It was at the small local pub. It wasn't really fit for me, but I had no choice. It was either this or staying at home, stuck with my mum and having to work in an old coffee shop that smelt of the strong coffee beans, giving me a headache everyday. The moody customers you'd get on a Monday morning.

A bar seemed different, maybe much more eventful. The only thing worrying me was that I wouldn't fit in. When I went for my interview, everyone who worked there seemed to have hundreds of tattoos and had the same personality as a rock. They all seemed to judge everyone as they walked in, throwing inside jokes at each other.

It was my first day tomorrow, which happened to be a Thursday. I was fairly nervous, since I had no experience in a bar whatsoever. I also had never had a drink before, which was quite ironic. I knew I wouldn't fit in at all and I would probably end up quitting with all the intimidating bodies around me, I wouldn't be able to cope with it all.

I began to hang my clothes up, in the wardrobe. The hard rain was hammering down onto my window, giving me chills and frightening me slightly. I wondered over to the window, drawing the curtains shut and returning back to the wardrobe, finishing hanging my clothes up. The soft breeze blowing through the open window caused me to shiver.

Running a hand through my hair, I decided it was time to have a shower. Making my way into the bathroom, I was thankful that I had already unpacked, towels and things for the bathroom. Slowly stepping out of my clothes, I pushed them to the corner of the room, ready to go in the washing machine. 

Stepping inside the shower, I turned the shower on, getting in. The blazing hot water showering over my fair skin. I squeezed my eyes closed, attempting to relax my racing mind. I was thankful the hot water, due to the freezing Autumn air that was gradually making it's way in through the open window in the bathroom.

Washing my long, dark hair, and my body, i finally decided I was finished with my shower. Turning it off, I got out, wrapping a towel around me. I padded across the bathroom, into my bedroom. Picking up a fresh pair of underwear, I slipped it on. Along with my pyjamas that I had laid out on the bed. 

I decided to call it a night, after the long day I had, had. Getting into my bed, I turned the lights off, soon drifting off into a deep sleep, feeling like an outcast in my own home.