Forty five-unexpected.

-Grace-

"He's cute", I pretended to listen to Jade blabber on each time a cute guy walked into the pub. Even though it looked like I was looking and paying attention, I was actually thinking about Harry. I still had a headache from the wine last night and thinking about Harry and our arguement wasn't making it any better to say the least. I was staring off into space, glad that the pub wasn't busy today because I really wasn't up for working.

Harry took me straight home after the diner and I didn't talk to him on the way back at all. I just hated how he would do this to me. I mean, I don't know what we are-whether we're together or not, he could at least show some kind of public affection. I don't think he quite understands how happy it would make me feel. For him to show everyone that he loved me. If he really did love me. I was wondering if he just said that, if he didn't really love me.

When the door opened and in walked Nicole and her 'clan' I almost immediatly snapped from my thoughts. I hadn't seen her in a while and I was glad. She walked straight up to me, shooting me a sickly sweet smile her brown shiny hair cascading down past her shoulders. "Grace! Nice to see you again". I ignored her fake grin and patiently waited for the insult. She sat on the stool picking at her nails. "I asked Harry if he wanted to come but he told me he was busy", She informed me. I just nodded, not saying a single word.

"You seem awfully quiet today. What's the problem?", She asked just as Miles arrived for his shift. "There's no problem", I muttered, getting bored of her. She pouted, eyes wide. "Are you sure?". I didn't even acknowledge her. I was already getting bored. Jade was talking to Ashton, fluttering her eyelashes. I rolled my eyes, wondering down the pub to take someone elses order so I didn't have to face Nicole anymore.

"You alright love?", Charlie asked, emerging from the back. I gave him a soft smile and quick nod. I could see Mel out of the corner of my eye. She was looking at me with a firm glare. I ignored her too. Pushing Nicole, Harry and Mel to the back of my mind, if not out of my mind. I squeezed my eyes closed at the throbbing pain in my head.

I needed Harry to kiss it better, or hug me closely, let me fall asleep on his chest to the sound of his heartbeat. I must've been dreaming when I opened my eyes to see Harry walk in the pub. He was wearing some gym shorts and a hoodie over a top. It was clear he was just about to go to the gym. Our eyes met and I swore he was going to walk over to me until Nicole called his name. He saw them and looked back to me, giving me an apologetic smile. I just shook my head, rolling my eyes. Of course it was too good to be true.

He didn't want to be seen talking to me in public when Nicole and her friends were around. Harry had a reputation to keep. He couldn't be seen with a broken, weak girl like me. He could only be seen with some slut or whore, like Nicole. I wasn't right for him, he wasn't right for me. We were the complete opposite but no matter how much I told myself we weren't meant for eachother, I couldn't convince myself. It was so wrong yet it felt so right.

I distracted myself from the situation by doing my job. I couldn't help but keep glancing over at Harry. He had a huge grin on his face but it was nothing like the one he had when he was around the boys. This one was much more fake, like he was using every muscle in his body to smile. Really, he didn't want to smile. It was fake. Only I could tell that it was fake, I could see it in his eyes. The way they glistened with pain instead of hapiness. I tried not to stare to long just incase he caught me staring. No doubt that he had.

My hands shook as I opened the cash register, finding the right change to give the man. My headache was pounding and I needed to lie down. I handed the man his change and he thanked me, while I went to fill up the beer. The smell of the strong alcohol was getting to my head only making it worse. Now I really needed Harry to kiss me or hold me.