Chapter Six-Wasn't joking

It had been a couple of weeks since the Halloween party and I still couldn't stop mentally beating myself for not stopping Harry. Surprisingly, I hadn't seen Harry in a while, which of course was a good thing. It was a Friday morning and wasn't busy at all. I sat on one of the stools, tapping my nails on the chipped wooden counter top. Mel and Charlie were talking to each other about the Christmas event we were holding. They had to plan everything out, it had only just turned November, they had more than a month.

Miles-a boy who worked here also, began to walk over to me. He was extremely nice and had a great sense of humour. "Hey Grace", He grinned, sitting beside me. "Hi", I smiled back, turning my attention towards him. "You bored?", He wondered. I nodded, sighing. "Same, they're getting so het up over this Christmas party", He rolled his eyes.

"I know, they have ages yet", I laughed. Before Miles could say anything else, Mel interrupted us. "Guys, we need some ideas!", She snapped. "What do you usually do?", I asked, deciding to input in this conversation. "Well we just usually have a Christmas party, just some music and entertainment", She told me. "Can't everyone who works here, dress up, I mean that would be more entertaining", I suggested. 

"You know, that's a good idea, Charlie can be Santa", Mel grinned, referring to Charlie's beer belly, the only relevance he had to St Nicolas. Charlie rolled he eyes, walking over to serve a couple of boys who had just walked into the bar.

"If you have any other ideas, come to me", Mel made sure to tell us, before wondering off. "This should be stressful", I sighed getting up off the stool and wondering off behind the bar. Miles just chuckled, before joining me. 

Later that afternoon, I was looking forward to going home. The bar was beginning to fill up and it was getting fairly stressful. Too stressful. It was getting to that time of year when everyone would come for a nice meal, or drink in the pub, after work or a stressful day. I couldn't count on my hand how many people who i've seen many times before in this pub.

For some people, it was like a daily routine, no matter how much they had to do, they would always make time to have their daily drink. Everyone who came here were so friendly, they always got me talking, which was quite surprising, seeing as I'm extremely unsociable.

Just then, the think I had been dreading happened. The big doors were pushed open and in he walked, his eyes on me. I looked for an escape, but I knew I couldn't be so cowardly, I had to face him and not let him push me around. Just as I expected, he walked up to me, smiling. "Grace, it's been quite a while", He smirked. I briefly nodded, trying to show him in the nicest way as possible, that I didn't want to talk to him.

"Uh, do you mind coming with me outside, I need to talk to you", He told me. I raised my eyebrow. Was he being serious, why would I do that? "How can I trust you?", I asked. The hickey he had given me, had faded a couple of days ago, allowing me to finally wear my hair up again. Luckily no one had noticed it, which i was thankful for.

"You don't have to trust me, it's not like I'm going to kidnap you, I just need to talk to you", He spoke. "Is it important, I don't have much time", I thought of excuses. "There's hardly anyone here, trust me, I'll be two minutes, just please", he sighed, obviously getting tired of my stubbornness. I swiftly turned my head to Mel, who hadn't noticed yet.

"Fine, but hurry up", I gave in, following him outside of the pub. The door flung closed behind me. Harry turned to face me, nibbling on his lips. "So?", I wondered, waiting for him to talk. He kicked a stone with his brown boots, leaning against the wall.

"Well, uh I was wondering if you wanted to go on a date?", Harry asked. My eyes widened. "Are you being serious!", I almost laughed. "yeah, why wouldn't I be?", He frowned. "Considering you gave me a hickey against my own will, and that you are being extremely immature, no", I spat, turning round to go back into the pub. I was getting worried as to what people were going to think, if they saw, which I'm pretty sure it's clear.

"Oh come on Grace, it'll be fun", He told me. I didn't say anything, I wasn't going on this date with him!. Harry walked closer towards me, taking my hand in his.  He pulled me closer to him, smirking. "Babe, I think you want to make the right decision, you're coming on this date with me", He whispered into my ear and i felt my pulse rising. His hand landed on my waist. "So is it a yes or a no?", He asked. I swallowed hard. "No", I breathed. "Stop being so stubborn for fuck sake, you're coming on this fucking date!", He spat, raising his voice. 

He lowered his hand. "I'll pick you up from the pub tomorrow at 8", He told me, before leaving. I guess I had no choice, I was going on this date. Maybe it won't be as bad as it sounds, I tried to tell myself. Walking back into the pub, Mel was frowning. I knew she must have seen me leaving with him. 

"What did I tell you!", She spat, once I had gotten back round the bar. "He just wanted to talk Mel, nothing happened", I told her, obviously I wasn't going to tell her about the date, she would blow. "Grace, I wasn't joking when i told you to stay away from him, i'm being serious", her voice was lowered, her eyes were serious. "I know", I sighed.