Chapter Seventeen-Just an old friend

I woke up, wrapped in countless blankets. It was freezing last night and seeing as Harry's heater was broken, Harry had to get every warm thing he could find. It took a while to actually sleep. I was as far away from Harry as possible. Right on the edge of the bed. Obviously Harry had no problem with us sleeping in the same bed, but I did. I wasn't experienced in all of that stuff, so sleeping in the same bed as a guy, as a big thing for me, obviously not for Harry though. Today was Saturday and I was glad I didn't have work.

"You're adorable when you sleep", Harry's morning voice slurred. I turned to him grinning. "What's the time?", I mumbled. Harry turned over looking at his phone, before replying "1:50". When I didn't reply, he sat up to look at me. My eyes were lazily closed, wanting to stay in bed. "We better get up if we want to get a decent Christmas tree", He told me. I groaned, sighing, before ermerging from Harry's bed. He gave me permission to take a shower, which I was thankful for.

I made my way into the bathroom, locking the door behind me.  was glad to see bottles of shampoo and conditioner, along with a coconut scented body wash, yet it did confuse me why he had all this stuff. Was it for all the girls he takes back home with him? I ignored that question and began to take my clothes of, throwing them on the floor. I turned the shower on, waiting patiently for it to warm up. Once it did, I stepped inside, letting the hot water tun down my body.

I began to massaged the shampoo into my hair, along with the conditioner. I didn't want Harry's water bill to be too high, so I quickly washed my body and got out, wrapping a spare towel; he had inducted me to use, to dry off. My dark hair was dripping wet and felt uncomfortable against my skin. I ringed it out a couple of times, before making my way back into the bedroom. Harry wasn't in there, which I was pleased about. I decided to put on the same clothes as yesterday. I had grown a sudden interest in Harry's 'Teenage Runaway' jumper and wanted to wear it out. 

Running my hands through my wet hair, I crouched on the floor and dug into my bag, pulling out my mini makeup bag. Finding the small brush I had packed in it, I took it out combing through my hair. I took the make up bag to work with me everyday, just in case stuff like this happened. Pulling out a hair tie, I plaited my hair into a side plait, seeing as it was still quite wet and would be far too hard to put up in a ponytail.

"You ready yet?", Harry's voice sounded from the bedroom door. "Let me just put my makeup on", I called back through, finding the right makeup. "No! we won't have time", He told me, opening the door. "Harry, are you serious, I just want to put at least some mascara on", I begged him. "No Grace, you look fine without makeup, just come on", Harry literally dragged me away from the makeup bag. I picked up my bag, following him out into the hall, my face feeling naked due to the lack of makeup I had on.

Slipping on my coat and my doc martens, I was ready to go. Harry smiled at my choice of clothes and locked the door, leading me downstairs to his car. I got in the passenger seat, clicking my seat belt into place. "Shall we go then?", Harry questioned, a dimple popping either side of his cheeks. I giggled nodding as he started the car up. When we were about 20 minutes down the road, Harry announced something that would have been useful to know when we first started driving.

"Oh yeah, by the way, the drive is about two hours"

"What!", I gasped, eyes wide. "There's places that sell Christmas trees everywhere", I reminded him. "yeah I know but the one where my mum and dad used to take me and my sister to get the tree is two hours away", harry explained. "I just want this Christmas to be special, I've had enough of having a lonely Christmas, it's like I don't even celebrate it", He told me, eyes focusing on the road. I didn't question it, it was just that i needed to pee and didn't think we were going to be that long.

"Tell me about it, I've been having lonely Christmases all my life",  laughed. "No you haven't, you've been with your mum every Christmas?", Harry seemed confused. I sighed. "Well it always felt lonely, it would just be me and my mum at the dinner table, eating some pre-cooked turkey. She would buy me cheap, crap presents while I would spend all my savings on her to buy her one I knew she would've loved. It was almost like I was invisible", I mumbled the last words, looking down to the floor. Harry glanced at me, raising his eyebrow before looking back at the road.