Chapter Twenty Eight- New Year Fun

"I still don't understand why we have to go", Harry groaned, sitting on my bed while I applied my makeup. "Because it's new years eve Harry, we might as well", I told him. I had learned that every year there was a new years eve party at the pub. Luckily I wasn't working for it, so I could go home anytime I wanted. Harry didn't want to go, he told me he had, had enough of parties and said they were full of bastards.

"Well Harry it's at the pub, it'll be full of old people and families", I reassured him. "That's even worse". "Harry!", I snapped, but couldn't help but laugh. "Well it's true, they all give you shit for swearing in front of their children or the old people tell you pointless stories on when they were younger, I don't give a fuck about how you fell in love at my age", He rolled his eyes. "You're so rude!", I shook my head, slipping off, of the stool.

"I'm just telling the truth", He admitted. "Well maybe you should tell it a little nicer, I think it's lovely to hear old peoples stories, it makes you realize how different it was back then", I voiced out my opinion, slipping some flats on. I had given up with high heels and decided to only wear them on major occasions, I didn't like thought of my feet being bent backwards. After Christmas Harry and I spent almost everyday together, whether it was hanging round mine or round his. It was nice, just the two of us.

"How was it different?", Harry frowned. "Well I don't know, there weren't as many twats", I shrugged. "Or there wasn't as much sex, it must've killed to live in them days", He smirked. "Well I don't have sex and I don't find life boring", I raised my eyebrow, pulling my coat on. "Oh come on grace, when yous start to have more sex, you'll realize just how boring your life was, because trust me, it's boring right now", He whispered in my ear as if there was someone in the room. I slid out of his grip and unlocked the door.

"Do we have to stay there long?", Harry asked me. "Two hours at least", I told him. "Fuck no, 1 hour", He corrected me. "Don't you want to stay for the countdown?", I asked him, walking over to the lift. "We can do it back and yours, just us two", He suggested. "Fine, it depends how I'm feeling", I sighed. "Thank god", He mumbled. When the lift doors slid open, it made me jump. Harry and I stepped out, making our way to the pub. "You sure you don't want to take my car?", Harry asked me again, he had asked me about three times already.

"No, it's not that far", I reassured him. "Yeah but you're still a little ill", He reminded me. "Fresh air is good for you", I spoke in a motherly like tone. I wasn't sure what Harry and I were, I could feel his hand brushing against mine as we walked, I wanted to so badly grab it, but I knew he would yank his hand back, that would make me feel foolish. I don't know what it was with Harry, he wasn't very good at showing his feelings, he didn't know which ones to hide and which ones to show, I really wish he did, it would make my life much easier.

"Aren't your legs cold?", Harry frowned at the black skater skirt I was wearing. I wasn't wearing any tights because the skirt looked better without. If I was honest, I was cold but i didn't want to admit it. "No", I shook my head, looking down to the ground, watching my feet as they took me to the pub. The journey was memorized in my head, step for step. I made this journey at least three times a week, it was imprinted in my brain.

"You still have to apologize to Miles", I informed him. "No I fucking don't!", He snapped. "Yes you do! You punched him for no reason", I reminded him. "He was in my fucking way"< His jaw was clenched and he looked as if he wanted to punch someone again. "Harry just because someone's in your way, you don't punch them!". His strides got bigger and bigger, trying to avoid the conversation because he knew he was in the wrong.

When we arrived at the pub, it felt as if everyone turned to look at us. Harry and I had never really been out in public together and I'm sure Harry was feeling extremely awkward right now. I ignored everyone stares, they remembered what had happened here two weeks ago, harry and I fighting. I'm sure they were probably confused as to why we're here together now. I didn't need to now their opinions though, I walked straight through the door and over to the stools. Harry followed closely behind.