Chapter Eight- Marked

"Thank god she's gone", Charlie sighed in relief as Mel left the pub, done with her shift. She had been banging on and pressuring Charlie into giving her ideas for the Christmas party and you could tell it was doing his nut in. He had a pained expression on his face, pretending to be interested, while me and Miles sat back, laughing at them. I had finally gotten my schedule and I work Thursday's, Friday's and Sunday's. Today was Sunday and no one had any suspicions about the date me and Harry went on Friday, which I was truly grateful for.

"She really needs to chill out about this Christmas party, we'll get it sorted", Miles rolled his eyes, while filling up a beer for an elderly man, who was here with his wife for a roast dinner. The woman was chatting away, telling me about her wedding day and how long they've been married. Honestly, I thought it was absolutely adorable. 

"Maybe you'll find the one soon, love", She reassured me. "I hope so", I smiled softly. Miles handed them the roast that had just been cooked and the found their way to a table. "Aren't they just adorable", I pouted in awe. "I guess so", He shrugged, taking a look at the cute, elderly couple, settling down to eat their lunch. "I'd love to still have a strong relationship at that age, I mean look how cute they are", I sighed in disappointment. I should be having fun with my life, I should be experiencing different things. I should be out clubbing every night. I don't want to be this girl, who's stuck in her own little cocoon of sadness. I want stories to tell my gran-kids. Love stories for that matter. I want them to learn from my mistakes, not their's. I want to warn them about life. Teach them the skills. How could I, if I didn't know any myself.

"Come on, stop day dreaming about your prince charming! People need serving!", Miles knocked me out of my daze, showing me to a couple of men, wanting their daily beer. "Hello love", One of them winked. I ignored him, I was used to eat. You would always get pervy men in here, staring at your ass. I had learned to ignore them and not panic. It was normal for a pub, of course you're going to get married men, looking you up and down. They disgusted me, them kind of men. If my husband was going to pubs, flirting with young women, I would kick off.

Marriage is a commitment. It's not for you to just throw down the drain. So when I'm in a committed, healthy relationship, I would love to get married. I was afraid that would never happen though. I guess I'm still young, there's loads of time for me to sort something out with my life. I had to stop worrying, but knowing me, of course I'd worry. People my age have been in tons of relationships, but I haven't. 

I handed the beers to the men, then turned to Miles, starting up a conversation. "I can already see Mel on the night of the Christmas party. She'll be rushing around in her elf costume or whatever and be making sure everyone's ok", miles laughed. I laughed with him, because it was so vivid in my head. The image of her, pulling her hair out from all the stress that was being piled on her. It made me laugh, she needed to calm down and be reassured that everything will go as planned, because at the moment she thinks it's going to mess up completely.

"Oh god, here comes your stalker", Miles rolled his eyes. I frowned, confused. That was until I turned round to see Harry and a group of his friends. "You have to be fucking kidding me", I whispered, panicking. "Shit, Miles please serve them", I begged. With a roll of his eyes, he walked over there, taking down their orders. I was extremely thankful for Miles at the moment.

I lent against the counter, seeing as there was no one to be served. I avoided eye contact with Harry, trying hard not to look at him, because I knew, if I did he would come over to me, not that he wouldn't anyway. I was expecting him to and was just mentally and physically preparing for it. My shift was over in half an hour, which I was also thankful for. Charlie was talking to one of Harry's friend, while Miles handed everyone their drinks.