Chapter Thirteen-"Don't hurt me"

It was terrifying, the scene set around him looked like he'd just murdered someone, along with his anger. Pretty much every plate had been taken out of the cupboard and had been smashed individually to the floor. Shards of china and glass were littered around him on the kitchen floor. His back was to me, I could tell he was angry by the way his back was tensed and how his fists were clutched to his sides, trying his hardest not to pick up the last plate there was. He looked at it for a while. It was plain white with pretty little flowers engraved in it around the edges. He picked it up turning round and froze once he saw me.

My mouth fell open, trying desperately to think of an excuse. I swallowed hard, his heavy and angry breathing was the only sound in the room. He put the plate down, walking closer to me. I could feel my heart drop. His eyes were narrowed, they weren't the beautiful green colour they usually were, this time they were a dark, frightening colour that I couldn't quite work out, his brows were furrowed. My hands were shaking violently when he reached me.

"What are you doing here?", he asked, his voice pained, straining to keep it calm. "I-I I just wanted to see if you were alright", I stuttered, not sure whether to leave or stay, both of the options seemed impossible. "Bullshit!", He shouted, making me jump. "You don't give a shit about me! Now I want the real answer, why the fuck did you follow me", He narrowed his eyes. My lips began to tremble and I wanted to break down into tears. 

"I-I'm telling the truth H-Harry", I whispered, my voice shook terribly. It was something I had inherited from my mother. When she was scared her voice would shake, her brain would jumble and she would be confused. That's exactly the position I was in now and it wasn't a good position to be in, my mother had made many mistakes from it and I didn't want to follow up her mistakes. I wanted to learn from them but I couldn't if I didn't know how to.

"No, you're just a nosy bitch, what do you want? A fucking medal for successfully following me?", He shouted. I shook my head. "No Harry", I shook my head, he had gotten it all wrong. "It's not like that Harry, I wanted to know why you were so angry, I wanted to see if I could maybe help you", I admitted, my voice cracking. "Grace you're one of the biggest bullshitters ever, were you bored?", he asked, his voice still stern and angry, mine still weak and broken. "No, no I wasn't Harry", I whimpered. "Grace just fuck off, I don't want you here!", He shouted. My legs were shaking, I was backed up against the wall, Harry's tall figure was looming right over mine, which made him look even more intimidating. 

The tears began to fall from my eyes, wetting my cheeks. I tried so hard not to let them fall, but it was useless. "Have you ever thought that maybe I'm here because I care about you?", I asked, finding the courage, my voice loud and clear. "What the fuck did you just say? Grace just fucking leave!", He shouted, I watched his hand move up and my natural reaction was to sink to the ground into a ball. "Don't hurt me!", I screamed, tears pooling from my eyes as I sobbed on the floor. There was know sound, just my sobbing.

After about two minutes, Harry finally spoke again. "What?", Harry's voice was weak and sounded broken. He was knelt on the floor beside my sobbing, weak body. "I-I wouldn't ever hurt you Grace. Fuck! Why would you even think that", He asked. I pulled my head from my knees, looking at him in this awful state, his eyes were red from the tears he was holding back. He looked sad, almost hurt that I would think that. "Please Grace, you know I would never hurt you, don't you?", He asked me, looking into my eyes. I just looked into his, they had turned back to their normal colour which I was grateful for. 

I didn't answer, he just pulled me into a hug, his hand supporting the back of my head as I sobbed into his shoulder. All those memories flooded back into my mind and I couldn't help but just cry. My body shook and my voice trembled. "S-sorry", I whimpered into his shoulder. "It's fine, I just don't want you to think I would ever hurt you because I wouldn't ever dream of doing that to you, to any girl", He admitted, helping me stand up.

"I-I know", I nodded. "I just got a little scared". Harry turned around looking at the mess he had created. "I'll help you clear it up", I told him stepping forward but he stopped me pulling me back. "I'll do it later", he told me. "W-why were you so angry?", I dared to ask. "It's just family problems, it doesn't matter", he reassured me. "Talking about it always makes it better", I told him. He shot me a smile.

"Come on", I tugged at his hand, making my way up the large steps, making sure to shut and lock the front door before so. Opening the first door to the first room I saw, I turned the light on, shutting the door behind me. Harry looked confused. "Tell me everything", I demanded him, unlacing my doc martens and kicking them off. Harry also kicked his shoes off, joining me on the king sized bed. "Harry, I won't judge you, believe it or not I came from a pretty fucked up family too", I told him when he wasn't speaking.

"Yeah right", Harry rolled his eyes. Harry realized how I wasn't responding and began telling me. "M-my dad was a horrible, cruel man. He left my mum, my sister and I with nothing, just the constant reminders of how much of a fuck up he was. I have anger issues and my mum began to notice. I would always lash out, having these reminders of him. I began to get in fights at school and was horrible to my mum and sister because of him. I-it got so bad-", Harry began but cut himself off, blinking the tears away. I sighed leaning onto his chest, drawing soothing patterns onto his chest lightly with my finger tip.

"She kicked me out. I haven't seen either of them for five years. M-my sister told me she would visit me soon, just before I left but she never did. I asked my auntie to help. She gave me hope and told me that my sister might me coming for Christmas and she called me today and told me that she wasn't. My family won't let me have any contact with her", His voice shook. I frowned in sympathy, snuggling further into his chest.

It explained the phone call then. "That must be awful", I whispered into Harry's chest. Harry's deep chuckle vibrated through his chest, making me smile. "It's kind of funny you know. Behind the most normal people are the weirdest stories, the darkest pasts, the most unthinkable memories, but you wouldn't think to ask them because of how normal they look", Harry spoke, playing with the ends of my hair. I nodded, agreeing with him.

"Behind the happiest smile is the darkest past", I whispered, remembering a quote from tumblr that I had found a couple of days ago. "Oh and by the way Harry, well done for winning", I shot him a big smile. "thanks Gracie", He grinned. "Night", I mumbled when my eyes began to droop shut. "Night Gracie", Harry whispered before I fell asleep.

Woah, thanks so so much for almost 200 reads and the votes. Please remember to comment and vote, just to tell me what you thought about it, thanks a lot bye