Chapter Twenty Five- We had nothing

Mel hadn't talked to me all week. I had tried to apologize to her, but I would always back down, not wanting to face the consequences. I knew she would make me feel even worse than I do now and that's partly why I didn't want to talk to her. I hated it though. I watched her as she rushed around, preparing for the Christmas party. I watched closely, wanting to help her but knowing I couldn't because she would tell me to 'fuck off' or be quick to point out what I had done wrong, even though I already know what I've done wrong, she'd want me to hear it again and again, making me feel worse and worse. I didn't blame her though. I deserved every bit of it, so I wondered why she wasn't making me feel bad.

I tugged the hem of the tight, green dress down, feeling extremely uncomfortable. I had decided to go with an elf, purely because the elf costume came with over-the-knee socks, which showed less skin than the Mrs Claus costume that was in the shop. Although it didn't show much skin, it was still short, which made me even more uncomfortable. It landed around mid thigh, allowing only some skin to show. The elf hat that came with it, was slightly too tight on my head, so it was difficult to get on and I felt claustrophobic.

I had curled my hair and finished my make-up. My lips were bright red and I felt stupid, not sexy. Sighing, I slipped on my coat and bag. When I emerged from my apartment, I was happy to see that the lift was now working, seeing as I still hadn't figured out how to walk down the stairs wearing high heels. I'd decided to buy some black, shiny ones because I don't really own a proper pair of high heels and I figured that I would need them for this costume.

Pressing the button on the wall, the lift doors opened. I stepped inside, pressing the ground floor and patiently waiting, hoping no one would want to get in on the way. I was already running late and Charlie had ordered us all to be there twenty minutes earlier to make sure everything was ready and set up. When the lift doors finally opened I hastily rushed out of them, walking straight out of the apartment block and to work. I felt a little silly, wearing an elf costume, luckily there weren't many people around to see. I was thankful when I got to the pub, glad to see familiar faces.

Miles and Jade were elves like me and Mel was Mrs Claus, along with Charlie who was Santa. "Just in time Grace", Charlie shook his head. "Sorry", I panted, rushing round the back to hang my coat and bad up. "Alright, well I think everything's ready", Charlie said, his eyes working around the overly decorated pub. Mel's blonde hair was curled, cascading around her shoulders, her costume was very slutty, but that's what I expected from Mel, so it didn't surprise me in anyway.

"Grace would you mind handing out the free mulled wine, everyone get's one free glass", he explained. I nodded, obeying his orders. Every employee was instructed to do something, I was disappointed I had gotten the wine, because I was a klutz and walking around with a dozen of glasses of wine on a tray, wasn't the best idea.

I grew even more self conscious when people began to come in. The Christmas music was playing and people were laughing away. I sighed and began to hand out the first tray of mulled wine. I hated how I didn't even have a tan, making me look even worse in this outfit. It also didn't help that the dress was tight, pushing my boobs up to create a large cleavage. I felt like everyone was staring at me, turning their nose up at the short outfit. I knew if my Mum were here to see this, she would of back handed me to the ground, so I was glad she wasn't here and wouldn't be here until next week.

"I hate this", I sighed to Miles who was filling his tray up with cookies that had been made by a kind old woman, who frequently came here on Sunday's to have her roast dinner with her husband. "How do you think I feel, I look like a clown", Miles gestured to his outfit, making me laugh. "At least you don't feel butt naked. This dress feels like it's going to split in half", I complained, feeling as if I couldn't breathe. "Here comes Harry", Miles wiggled his eyebrows. "Harry's here!", I gasped, without turning round, I was glad he'd decided to actually come. However I wasn't sure whether to say hi to him because of Mel. Miles nodded and I continued to fill wine glasses up with the mulled wine.