Chapter Three- Promise

I'd been watching Harry as soon as he had gotten in the bar, until he left. When he finally did leave, I watched as he walked away from the bar. Opening the doors and leaving. The door swinging shut after his tall, masculine body had left the building. It was like something in the atmosphere had disappeared as he left, because everyone seemed to relax.

As soon as he did leave, Mel pulled me to a corner. I was confused,but let her anyway. "I know he might me fascinating, intriguing and mysterious, but please, promise me one thing Grace", Mel begged, her eyes wide. "What?", I wondered, eager to find out what I had to promise her, what was such a big thing.

"Don't and I'm telling you don't go near him. Stay away from him. I know it's tempting but don't. He's full of trouble, he's dangerous, he's evil. Just stay away from him, I'm begging you. It's for you own good Grace, please", She begged. I nodded. "promise?" She then asked. My heart was beating faster. "I promise", I whispered.

She offered me a smile and we soon began working again. All I could think about was what she had told me. What was so bad about Harry. Did he have a dark past, why was he so dangerous. These questions were playing round and round in my head. I tried my hardest to ignore them. But I couldn't. Every time I'd look at something, he would pop back into my head. I want to know more about him.

Although he's extremely rude, there must be a reason why he's like that. I want to know. I want to find out what he's hiding. What' so bad about him? Sighing, I took the money from the drunk man, who was eyeing me up and down. Slapping it in the till. 

My shift was finally over, which I was extremely grateful for. Mel and I walked outside with each other. "Oh, by the way Grace. There's this Halloween party next week, do you want to come?", She wondered. "Uh, sure, I guess", I grinned. I'd never really been invited to parties before. You see, I wasn't very popular at school, not many people liked me because I was 'smart'. Mel parted her separate way and I proceeded to walk to my apartment.

Yeah, I was smart, my mother had high hoped for me. Thinking I'd be off in university at the moment. She was committed to pay for it, she was excited, more excited than me. But then something snapped in my relationship with her. If we ever had a relationship, which I was pretty positive we didn't. She could only just about stand me, and that was only because of how smart I was and how high my grades were.

Then, she noticed a drop in my grades. I had tried not to work as hard as I was because of the bullies. Because of my family problems I was having at home. It was just so much stress. My mum knew I was stressed and she loved to see me stressed. She was horrible to me. Teasing me about how dumb I was now. How stupid I was.

That's why I'm here now. With nothing but an apartment and a job at a small bar. I was hoping that when I moved over here. I'd find something, a knew experience, different opportunities, maybe I'd even fall in love. That's what I was hoping. I'm almost twenty and I haven't lost my virginity. Do you know how embarrassed that makes me feel?

Obviously I wasn't just going to give it away. I wanted to give it to someone special someone I loved. Someone who cared for me. Someone who I could trust, someone who was there for me all the time. Someone who was my soul mate. I wanted to find this man out here, in London. I was afraid I wouldn't. I was afraid that I would live a lonely life and I didn't want to.

I wanted to experience many different things. People say falling in love is magical. Since a young age, I wanted to fall in love. I wanted to find my prince charming, and I had been looking out for him ever since. I just couldn't find him. Every boy I met seemed like a dick or was just not my type. As time went on, I began to believe that I would never find my true love, that he'd never appear in front of me. That I would be alone forever and I didn't want that to happen. I wanted to settle down, I wanted to get married, I wanted to have kids and I wanted to die old with the man I love.

I kicked a stone off, of the pavement. My hands were shoved in my pockets and I was wondering over to my apartment. The air was cold, the night was dark. The only sounds were of some cats fighting round the corner and the swift sound of the cool breeze travelling through out the dark night sky. 

If  was younger, I would've been shitting it, walking out here alone at midnight. But I've experienced so much worse. The way I was so terrified when my mother and father fought. Causing me to run upstairs and cry. Hoping they'd make up. Hoping they'd work something out, I just wanted to live in a happy family, but they were making it harder for me.

So now, when I do walk alone in the dark, I believe it would be better if someone kidnapped me, to be away from my horrible, broken, confusing life. Now I was starting new, here in London. I decided to give it a rest and try again, give my life another chance, not give up just yet. You never know what might happen.

I walked up to my flat, trudging up the steps and unlocking the door. As I stepped in, I locked it once again. Throwing my keys on the table, I slipped my shoes off, tired from the long day at work. Ruffling my hair, I yawed. Making my way into my bedroom, I quickly changed into my pyjamas, without hesitation.

Stumbling into the bathroom. I cleaned my teeth, taking my makeup off. I was finally ready for bed. Getting in, I turned the light out, drifting into a deep sleep.

Sorry it's so short, please comment and vote, it would mean a lot!