Chapter 45

“Hell. No.” Natalie leaned against the wall next to me.

    Greyson let go of my hand and stormed off to the kitchen.

    “MOM! How could you?”

    “How could I what? She said she was sorry Greyson! Give her a chance!” Lisa smiled, I slowly made my way to the door.

    “All those nights. Locked up in my room. writing and writing. All the time I spent crying to myself. Breaking pencils, because i was writing so damn hard. Song after song, because NO ONE WOULD FUCKING LISTEN. Mom, one sorry will not make up for that!”

    “Watch your mouth, and Greyson, it will be fine. Trust me.” She put a hand on his shoulder. He just turned away, grabbing my hand on his way by and pulling me up to his bedroom with him. Natalie, Alli, and Cody following. When we were all behind his locked door...he just about lost it.

    “AS. IF! ARE YOU KIDDING ME? THINGS WERE GOING TO GET BETTER, EVERY TIME THEY GET BETTER, SOMETHING BAD HAPPENS. THIS IS SO STUPID. WHAT THE HELL.” He was pacing back and forth, throwing everything he could reach. Alli and Natalie were backed up in the corner, Cody was next to me. They all looked pretty freaked.

        Greyson never does this. No matter how bad things got.

                He was always the calm one.

    “I CAN’T EVEN,...WHY NOW? OF ALL TIMES? NOW?” He slammed a fist on the piano keys, making everyone jump back. “NO WAY. SHE’S NOT STAYING HERE. NOT A CHANCE.” The piano bench flipped over with a loud bang. Natalie covered her mouth and Cody went to stand in front of her.

    “Greyson.” I whispered.

    “LET HER SLEEP IN THE STREETS!”

    “GREYSON.” I called again.

    “THIS IS RIDICULOUS.”

    I stepped up to him, grabbing both of his wrists with my hands. He was breathing hard.

    “Calm down.” I raised an eyebrow at him. “I know, its not the best timing, but, please. Sit a minute. Your scaring everyone.” I spoke slowly. He took a deep breath and closed his eyes.

    “Sorry.”

    “Its fine.” I kissed his cheek. I led him to his bed, and sat next to him. He put his face in his hands.

    “You have no idea what she put me through.” He mumbled. I frowned and rubbed his back.

    He was right, I didn’t know. I got to him, when the worst was over. And If what I saw, wasn’t the worst, honestly...I’m afraid to know what was.