Chapter 82

“Its true. Thought it was best you hear it from me. “
    They both sat there stunned for a minute. I was absolutely horrified that the two
boys I’ve known almost my whole life would hate me, or be disappointed in me. 
    They didn’t speak. Jamie’s teeth were clenched. He avoided eye contact with everyone, and it scared me. Desperately I turned to Daniel, who was just sitting there, a sympathetic look on his face.
    “..well?” I whispered, bitting my lip, slowly rising from Jamie’s lap.
    “Honestly I don’t know what to say.” Daniel said it slowly.
    It was quiet for another minute.
    “I still don’t believe it.” Jamie shook his head. “I mean you can’t be.”
    “Don’t hate me too much for it though. It might not even make it.”
    “What do you mean?”
    I sighed, bitting my lip. “I mean, the baby might not even make it. Or it might and I wont. There’s a very slim chance both of us will end this unharmed. That’s why Greyson is so mad at me about this. He didn’t want me to keep it.”
    “Why wouldn’t it make it? Thats just horrible...” Danny pulled me onto his lap.
    “The crash, and another incident that happened a few weeks back...I’ll tell you some other time. And don’t hate Greyson for this either. He just worries too much about things.”
    “Actually, I’m with the kid. I don’t want to lose you because of this baby, Rachel.”
    “I’m not getting rid of it. That’s disgusting. Things will be fine. I know it.”
    “How do you know?”
    “I can just feel it.”

    It was quiet again. The sound of the elevator made us all turn and look the other way.
    “Rachel!!” A familiar voice squealed.
    “Natalie! I told you that you didn’t have to come!” I smiled and ran to her.
    “You knew I was going to come anyway.” She smiled, looking gorgeous as always. “Oh my god.” She looked over my shoulder.
    “JAMES, DANNY!” I let go of her and let her hug the boys. “Its been FOREVER!!”
    “Yeah, You ditched us for Simpson.” Daniel teased, poking her side.
    She rolled her eyes. “James...why are you so quiet?”
    He just looked at her, not saying anything.
    “I told them.” Slowly I turned to Natalie.
    “You told them that you're...?”
    “Yeah.”
    “...Oh.”
    Jamie stood there for a second not doing anything. There was a loud crash, and a yell.  The doors to the ICU flung open, with the sound of quick footsteps coming into the room.
    “RACHEL.” I turned to see Lauren standing there, crying. “Come. FAST.”
    I didn’t even hesitate. I ran as quick as I could. The yelling got louder as I went. I could hear everyone following behind me. I panicked, what had happened? I didn’t know. My heart was beating fast as I turned the corner.

    Oh Greyson. Please be ok...