Chapter 5: Pranked?

Song:

Roll with That by Wild Thingz

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ricky's POV

I woke up startled after I heard a scream. It scared the hell out of me. I jumped up off of the couch and sprinted up the stairs to check on Amy.

"Ricky!" she shouted at the top of her lungs.

I swung the door open as fast as I possibly could and turned on the light. Amy was sweating and out of breath. I ran over to her and wrapped my arms around her.

"Amy, what's wrong?!" I asked frantically, my arms still around her.

Her body got less tense and her breathing and heart rate slowed down. She started to cry and hid her face in my chest.

I began to rub circles in her back to try to calm her down. "Shh it's okay," I whispered. "You're okay."

She sniffed and then hugged me even tighter. "I-I'm sorry I w-woke you up,"she stammered.

"No no no, don't apologize. I'm just happy that you're okay."

"Yeah..."

"What happened?"

"It was a nightmare," she said. "Only a dream," she reassured herself.

I rested my chin on top of her head. After a minute or two, I looked down at her. She smiled through her tears and I started to wipe them away. I looked down into her green eyes and smiled. She was so beautiful. I didn't care if I just met her, I needed to kiss her. I just had to. As I began to lean in to kiss her, Jc barged in.

"Is everything okay?! I heard screaming," he asked.

"Yeah, man, everything's fine. You can go back to sleep now," I replied.

I didn't mean to sound rude, but I really wanted him to leave.

"Okay. Good night I guess."

"Thanks for caring," I shouted as he was leaving.

He shut the door behind him and I looked down at Amy. She looked really tired.

"Ricky?"

"Yeah?"

"What time is it?"

I picked up my phone to check the time. "It's 3:24 am."

"Wow. I'm so sorry for waking you up."

"Stop apologizing," I replied and hugged her tighter.

"Okay."

"I think I'm going back to sleep now," I said as I was getting up.

"No, Ricky! Stay here please? It is your room after all," she pleaded.

I smirked to myself. I couldn't say no to her pleading eyes.

"Okay. Do you want me to keep the light on?"

"No, you can turn it off."

"Okay," I said and shut the light off. I climbed into bed and laid down a few feet away from her.

She scooted over closer to me. I smiled to myself. After a few minutes, she got even closer. Eventually she got so close, that her face was buried in my chest. I wrapped my arms around her and pulled her closer.

"Ricky?" she asked quietly.

"Yeah?"

"Thank you."