Chapter 17: Finally home

Song:

Fall by Ed Sheeran

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was finally on my way home from the hospital and I was pretty happy about it. Just the thought of not having to constantly look over my shoulder was quite comforting. I was done being paranoid.

It was nice being alone in the car with Connor. It was nice being alone with him in general. He always made me feel good about myself when I was around him.

I smiled. He has been my best friend for the past 2 months, honestly. I've never had a real friend before. I didn't quite consider him much of a friend anymore though. It was strange, but I've developed... feelings for him.

~*~

Connor looked so adorable when he was asleep. He looked so peaceful. He must have been completely exhausted. We've been home for about two hours at this point and Connor went straight to bed. He was holding me in his arms while he was asleep and I was stroking his hair gently. I smiled.

When we first got home, I thought that I was tired too, but obviously not tired enough because for some reason, I couldn't get to sleep. I sat up, realizing there was something I still needed to do. Connor stirred in his sleep and I pulled myself out of his grasp. I climbed out of his bed and tiptoed toward the door.

"Amy?" Connor mumbled, eyes still closed.

"Shh," I whispered. "Go back to sleep, petal."

He muttered a few words that I didn't understand, and fell back asleep. I left the room quietly and shut the door behind me. I approached Ricky's door and knocked quietly.

"Come in!" he shouted.

I opened the door slowly and walked in. He looked pretty stunned to see me.

"Um...hi!" he said happily.

"Hey," I replied back awkwardly.

"What's up?"

I held out my phone and he grabbed it.

"Why are you giving me your phone?" he asked.

"Well you're the one that bought it for me and I don't know... I just don't feel right having it if you're paying the bill and everything. You can...sell it online or something."

"No, that's ridiculous. I want you to keep it. I bought it for you regardless if we're together or not."

"At least let me pay my own bill," I suggested.

"With what money?" he teased.

I playfully pushed his shoulder. "Hey! I can get a job now that I don't have to worry about Mitchell and Tristan anymore!"

"Once you get a new job, you're going to keep living here, right? I mean...the guys and I wouldn't want you to leave."

"Well yeah, as long as I don't get kicked out," I joked.

"Oh please, we'd be idiots to kick you out!" Ricky reassured me.

"Good to know," I replied. "Well I should probably get back to Connor."

"Wait," Ricky said. "Are you and Connor like...together?"

I shrugged. "No, but we might be in the near future," I replied gently.

He looked slightly disappointed, but quickly hid his disappointment with a small smile. "I'm not going to lie and say that I'm not disappointed, but I am happy for you two," he told me.