Chapter 1: Running

Well as I'm writing, I always listen to music to inspire me, so at the beginning of each chapter, I'm going to list songs. I'm mainly doing it because some people like to listen to music while they read (me included) and to basically let you guys discover new music.

Songs:

In Case of Emergency, Dial 411 by Sleeping with Sirens

Still Sane by Lorde

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was 11 pm and the entire neighborhood was pitch black. I was surrounded by darkness. I was afraid. I was running. Running for my life. Why am I such an idiot? I quickly looked behind me. Damn! They were catching up. I felt as if my lungs were going to give out at any second. I was becoming short of breath and couldn't take it any longer. I finally collapsed on the sidewalk from exhaustion. I glanced up and saw the two guys standing right in front of me.

"We finally caught up to you. You're a feisty one, aren't you?" The tall blonde, Mitchell asked.

"Where the hell is our money?" The brunette, Tristan asked in a harsh tone.

"I...I don't have it!"

The moment I said this, a foot came in contact with my side. I screeched in pain. He sure could kick!

"Why the hell not?!"

"I told you that I'm not selling drugs for you anymore! I'm done!" I shouted.

All of a sudden, Mitchell pulled out a pocket knife and pointed it toward me.

"And I told you what would happen if you didn't give us our money."

"Stop! Right now, just stop! Get away from her!" A guy with amazing light brown hair shouted. He was holding an iPhone in his hand.

"And what the hell are you going to do to stop me?" Mitchell asked in a snarky tone.

"I have pictures of you attempting to stab her. I will send this to the police right now, I swear," the guy replied.

Mitchell sighed. "You got lucky," he said in my face. "But next time I see you, you better have my money. C'mon Tristan, let's get out of here."

The guy and I both watched their retreating figures until they disappeared. I sighed in relief. I seriously thought my life was going to end. The guy held his hand out to help me up, which i gratefully took.

"Are...Are y-you okay?" The guy stammered.

"Um...yeah. I...I'm completely fine. Thank you. I'll just be going now," I said as I attempted to walk away.

He grabbed my arm before I could go any further.

"Wait. What was that all about?" he asked.

"Uh...it's complicated."

"Okay. But what are you doing out here so late at night by yourself? It's dangerous, especially in this neighborhood."

I shrugged.

"Well can I at least walk you home?" he asked.

"That's sweet, but I don't have a home," I replied.

He looked shocked. "Well, if you need a place to crash..."

"Oh no no no, I wouldn't want to impose," I quickly said.

"No, I insist. C'mon," he pleaded.

"Okay, okay. One night and one night only," I gave in.

"Good. My car is right over here," he said as he led the way.

He climbed into the driver's seat and i climbed into the passenger side. We both put on our seatbelts and he started the car.