Chapter 41: Irresponsible

One more chapter after this, yo.

Song:

One Chance by Austin Jones

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up to Connor pacing back and forth anxiously. I groggily sat up and yawned before speaking.

"Connor, what's wrong?" I murmured.

"I-I have to tell you something."

I no longer felt so tired anymore because the nerves were taking over. "W-what? Is everything alright, dear?"

"L-last night..." he stammered.

"What about it?" I asked concerned. "I thought last night was amazing."

"Yeah, yeah. Me too, but that's not the point..."

"Connor just tell me what's going on."

He nervously folded his lips and looked as if he was trying to hold back tears.

"We just got so caught up in the moment, you know..."

"Connor, you're worrying me. Just tell me what's wrong!"

"I kinda, sorta, maybe, possibly..." he trailed, his voice getting higher. "Didn't use a condom..."

My eyes widened at his words and I instantly jumped out of bed.

"What the hell do you mean you didn't use a condom?!" I exclaimed. "What if I get pregnant?!"

Tears threatened to fall from my tired eyes. He quickly ran over to me and hugged me comfortingly. Connor soothingly rubbed my back to calm me down.

"I can't be a mom," I told him.

"Yes you can," he whispered. "We'd make great parents."

I tried my best to fight my tears and so far, I was surprisingly succeeding.

"You'd make a great dad, but they would deserve a much better mother than I could ever be."

"That's not true! And Amy, calm down," he told me as he released from the hug. "You may not even get pregnant."

"But we don't know that!"

I was seriously panicking. I already had a pretty screwed up life of my own. I didn't want to be responsible for the delicate life of another human being, especially a cute, small and dependent one. Connor then caressed my cheek and pushed a stray piece of hair behind my ear.

"Everything will be fine, my love."

I took a few deep breaths and nodded. "Okay."

"And in a few days, you and I will go to the doctor and we'll see if you're pregnant or not. If you're not, cool. If you are, we'll be a family. Either way, it's fine," he reassured me.

I gave him a small smile and nodded. I was so lucky to have someone like him to support and love me.

~*~

A few days later

"Congratulations, Amy! You're pregnant," the lady in the white coat, holding a clipboard told me excitedly.

Connor, sitting right beside me, squeezed my hand.

"Dr. Olson, are you absolutely sure?" I asked.

"Positive! I love delivering the amazing news whenever someone's pregnant. Just the fact that they can give someone the gift of life is absolutely amazing."

I rolled my eyes then looked down at my feet, not exactly sure how to feel. Then I looked up and my eyes met Connor's. I smiled when I saw how happy he was.

~*~

The next evening, Connor and I were in the car together. As usual, he wouldn't tell me where we were going. After a while, I finally realized exactly where we were going and smiled contently. We were going to the meadow where I first started to fall for Connor. My mind was overrun by nostalgic emotions.

"Connor, I know where we're going now."

"I thought you'd figure it out," he replied laughing gently. "But this time it's going to be slightly different."

"Oh, is that so?"

"Yes, it is so."

"Well what exactly is going to make it so different this time?"

"If I told you now, I'd have to kill you."

I playfully rolled my eyes. within minutes, we were approaching the very place that Connor and I basically fell in love in, only this time something was different. There were lights hanging from the trees, practically lighting up the entire field.

Connor got out of the car and opened my door for me. He took my hand in his and led me to the center of the field. Then he turned to face me and took both of my hands in his.

"Now you're probably wondering what we're doing here," he stated.

I merely nodded in response.

"We're here because I wanted to do this the right way," Connor told me.

Do what the right way? I wondered.

"Amy, from the moment I saw you, I knew that you were something special. I knew that someday, somehow I'd make you mine. You don't understand what you do to me. You piss me off, you make me laugh, you make me cry, you turn me the hell on, but most importantly you make me happy. You make my life worth living," he continued.

He words were truly touching. I was so happy, that I felt tears forming. He cleared his throat before continuing.

"I'd go to the ends of the Earth to keep you happy. You are the sweetest, most beautiful and amazing woman that I have ever encountered in my life. And I am ecstatic to be able to say that you're going to be the wonderful mother of our beautiful child."

At this point, I was sobbing. I was so happy that I didn't know what to do. Suddenly Connor kissed my forehead before getting down on one knee. My heart began beating so uncontrollably, that it felt as if it was going to burst out of my chest. Suddenly, he reached for his pocket and pulled out a tiny velvet box. Then with a big smile, he opened it to reveal a beautiful silver ring with a decent-sized diamond. My eyes widened and I almost started hyperventilating right then and there.

"So with that being said, would you make me the happiest man in the world and marry me?"

I was crying so hard, that I couldn't get a single word out, so I just nodded vigorously. A huge grin took over his entire face. He quickly stood up and slid the ring onto my finger. He then pulled my lips to his and we stood there, just kissing for a while, love evident in our kiss. After a few moments, Connor broke the kiss then lifted me up bridal-style and spun me around, happily.

"Y-you don't understand h-how much this means to me," I managed to choke out.

He laughed. "It means a lot more to me, babe."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry about how short this is! And sorry about any typos! Needless to say, I wrote this late at night while I was half a sleep...

One more chapter after this, guys!

Vote/Comment