Chapter 10: Trust Me

Song:

Dead Hearts by Stars

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I looked around the room trying my best to avoid eye contact with the beautiful girl sitting in the kitchen with Ricky and I. She had a perfect long, blonde ponytail and all I had were dark brown tangles. I didn't expect Shelby to look that good.

"So, Ricky you didn't tell me you had a girlfriend!" Shelby exclaimed.

Ricky rubbed the back of his neck. "I know. Amy's amazing, though."

This being said, Ricky ran over to me, trying to get a kiss. I blocked his lips with my hand.

"I don't think so, sicky," I said quickly.

"I'm not sick anymore!" Ricky exclaimed, followed by him coughing.

"Yeah, tell that to your cough, darling," I replied.

"It wasn't a cough! I just...choked on air!" he argued.

This got him a chuckle from me and several laughs from Shelby.

"Sweetie?"

"Yes, Amy?"

"You're not getting a kiss today," I replied as I stood up and began walking away.

Ricky ran behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist. "Whoa, where are you going?"

"I have to get ready for work, remember?"

Ricky sighed, letting my waist go. "Do you have to?" he whined.

"Yes, sweetie, I have to," I said, wrapping my arms around him.

"No," he whined. "I don't want you to go. Who's going to stay here to take care of me?"

"Ricky, darling, you're walking around now. You should be fine. And you have Shelby and the guys if anything goes wrong!"

"I know," he sighed. "I'm just trying to get you to stay."

I kissed his cheek before turning around and walking up the stairs.

"Wait!" Ricky shouted from behind me, causing me to turn around.

"Yeah?"

"I can help you get ready!"

I rolled my eyes. "Ricky?"

"Yeah, babe?"

"Go in the kitchen and keep your guest company."

"Fine. But I'm still giving you a ride."

I smiled at him. "Yeah, yeah."

I was finally able to go upstairs and get ready in peace. Brushing my tangled hair was a struggle, but I finally got it done. After that, I put on a bit of makeup. I tried to look at least a little presentable. Then I ran into Ricky's room to change into my uniform. When I was completely finished getting ready, I ran downstairs and into the kitchen.

Ricky looked up and smiled at me. "Ready?"

"Yep!"

"Okay, let's go then."

Ricky, Shelby and I all walked out to Ricky's car in silence. I was planning on sitting in the passenger seat, but Shelby beat me to it. I sighed and sat in the back. It was a pretty awkward drive for me. I was feeling pretty left out because Ricky and Shelby spent the entire ride laughing and conversing.

After what felt like an eternity, we finally pulled up in front of the yogurt shop.

"Well here we are!" Ricky stated.