Chapter 27: I Won't Give Up

Songs:

Holding On To You by Twenty One Pilots

Temporary Bliss by The Cab

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Amy's POV

Connor and I were making out on my bed when we were interrupted by Connor's phone ringing. He pulled away and gave me one quick peck before answering his phone.

"I was in the middle of something, so this better be good, Ricky," he stated.

"What? No you can't talk to Amy!" Connor exclaimed.

I tapped his shoulder to grab his attention. "Just a second," I whispered.

Connor sighed and handed me the phone, which I took.

"Hey Ricky," I said quietly.

"I'm sorry I didn't believe you last night," Ricky told me.

"You're apologizing?"

"Yeah...Daphne is actually very dramatic and...what's the word I'm looking for?" he trailed.

"Crazy," I interrupted.

"Yeah I don't think I wanna hang around her anymore."

"I'm sorry, Ricky."

"And there's one more thing I wanna tell you."

"Anything," I replied.

"I still love you."

I almost dropped the phone right then and there. No no no this could not be happening, especially not now. Connor and I just had sex the night before for crying out loud!

"Ricky," I stated softly.

"I know that you don't want me back now, but just hear me out. I love you and I need you in my life. I know you're happy with Connor, but I won't give up."

My jaw dropped, but I quickly closed my mouth again. "But I love Connor, Ricky," was all I could manage to say.

"I know, but that won't stop me from trying."

I sighed. "Try as hard as you want, but you can't break up Connor and I."

"Is that a challenge?" he asked.

My eyes widened. "No Ricky, it isn't."

Suddenly, Connor took the phone out of my hand. "She doesn't love you anymore, okay?!" he shouted into the phone before angrily slamming it down on the bedside table.

Connor protectively wrapped his arms around me and I hugged him back. "I love you," he whispered in my ear.

I smiled slightly. "I love you too."

He tightened the hug. "I know, but I love you more."

I blushed and hid my face in his neck. "You're amazing, Connor."

"So do you wanna pick up where we left off before Ricky called?"

I smiled widely and nodded. Connor put his hands on my waist and leaned in to kiss me. I leaned in too and eventually we were making out again. Being here with Connor was exactly where I wanted to be. Without him, I was nothing.

Ricky's POV

If only Amy and Connor weren't together, I thought to myself.

They were way too happy together. Every time I felt discouraged about trying to win Amy back, I would just reminisce all of the amazing moments her and I had together. My thoughts were soon broken by the doorbell ringing. With a loud sigh, I walked out of my room and down the stairs. I answered the door and jumped in surprise when I saw Daphne standing on my porch.