Chapter 39: Give Me A Chance (to explain)

Songs:

Trapdoor by Twenty One Pilots

The Con by Tegan and Sara

113k reads?? This story just had 95k 2 weeks ago what! Thank you guys so much for putting up with me being so annoying and lazy! And thanks to all of my avid readers it's so crazy that people actually enjoy my writing!

If any of you want, I could dedicate chapters to some of you? I should've been dedicating chapters to you guys anyway, but yeah... I'm awkward sorry. Just disregard me and enjoy the chapter. (:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I woke up and took a look at my surroundings. I was on Connor's chest and we were still at Ricky's house on his couch. I chuckled lightly. We must've fallen asleep during the movie.

"Why are you chuckling?" Connor muttered.

I lifted my head up and our eyes met. I gave him a small smile before speaking.

"I didn't know you were awake."

"I've been awake for like a half hour. I just didn't want to wake you."

"You could've woken me up," I told him.

"Yeah, but you just seemed to be having trouble sleeping, so I didn't wanna bother you. You kept muttering stuff in your sleep."

"Really? Like what?"

"You kept saying stuff like, 'get off of me' and 'stop'. What were you dreaming about?"

Kian.

"I-I don't remember," I lied. "I think I'm gonna go...take a shower."

~*~

I was in the bathroom lightly combing through my wet hair, only to be startled by a loud knock on the bathroom door.

"Amy open up!"

That was Connor's voice. I slowly opened he door, curious as to what was wrong. Connor entered the bathroom and stood staring angrily at me. I gently took both of his hands in mine, but he quickly snatched them out of my grip. Tears threatened to fall, but I was able to stop that from happening, luckily.

"C-Connor? What's wrong?" I asked quietly. "Did I do something wrong?"

"Hell yeah you did!" he shouted angrily. "Explain to me why Kian texted me saying that you two kissed last night in the kitchen?! Making out to be more specific?"

"That's not true!" I shouted. "I didn't kiss him back, I swear!"

"Well Kian says otherwise," he retorted with his arms crossed.

"Why are you believing Kian over me?" I asked gently, tears in my eyes.

"Because obviously if you did nothing wrong, you wouldn't have kept it from me last night!"

"I didn't tell you because I didn't want to wreck you and Kian's friendship! And because I didn't want to get into an argument with you!"

"But why'd you have to kiss him back?" he asked in a softer tone with a pained expression on his face.

"I didn't! Well only for a second or two, but no longer than that, I swear! Mostly because I felt bad for him."

"Yeah, whatever Amy," he stated and turned around to walk away.

Tears started rolling down my cheeks. "Connor," I called after him.

Despite me calling him, he kept walking. I ran after him and pulled on his arm.